Immigrants must wait for "years" before entitlement to public housing...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
If they are indiginous ********s, they are our ********s, and we have to deal with them. Just a bitter pill we have to swallow. If they have entered from abroad they need to be funding themselves.

It's not quite that simple these days though. I think last year there was something in the region of 200k new British citizens who went through the citizenship test. This process since 2004 has added approx. 1m new British citizens to the country.

They have exactly the same rights as any other British citizen.

It's a neat process politically, because it helps keep the de facto immigration numbers down.

Similarly, other EU countries have similar processes for issuing passports/citizenship so many South Americans will get passports from Spain and Portugal and this opens up movement and residency rights in the EU.

Frankly I think the illegal immigration problem is over stated there are so many legit ways to be able to get legal residency rights and access to housing etc. in the UK. All the politicians know this and wont do anything about it, UKIP have just forced them all to sound tough.

It won't change till we have an influx of migrants who are well qualified lawyers, journalists and accountants.........if we got 300,000 in over next 2 years pushing their wages down we may see some changes till then ignorance is strength.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It's not quite that simple these days though. I think last year there was something in the region of 200k new British citizens who went through the citizenship test. This process since 2004 has added approx. 1m new British citizens to the country.

They have exactly the same rights as any other British citizen.

It's a neat process politically, because it helps keep the de facto immigration numbers down.

Similarly, other EU countries have similar processes for issuing passports/citizenship so many South Americans will get passports from Spain and Portugal and this opens up movement and residency rights in the EU.

Frankly I think the illegal immigration problem is over stated there are so many legit ways to be able to get legal residency rights and access to housing etc. in the UK. All the politicians know this and wont do anything about it, UKIP have just forced them all to sound tough.

It won't change till we have an influx of migrants who are well qualified lawyers, journalists and accountants.........if we got 300,000 in over next 2 years pushing their wages down we may see some changes till then ignorance is strength.

By heck...I think you have answered [MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION] s original question...it is discrimination and demonisation..the immigrants are (predominately) impacting on poor, low skilled folk who rely on social housing and public health services. If we had a huge influx of Politicians, Barristers and Bankers then the ruling class would act pdq to stem the flow. If Eton was full of Rich Albanians so Farquhar couldn't get a place or Kensingtonn and Chelsea had a housing crisis because of billionaire Romanians and Pakistanis jumping the waiting list...you know what. You are 100% right. Why did we all have to wade through 8 pages of this nonsense before you popped up?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
By heck...I think you have answered [MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION] s original question...it is discrimination and demonisation..the immigrants are (predominately) impacting on poor, low skilled folk who rely on social housing and public health services. If we had a huge influx of Politicians, Barristers and Bankers then the ruling class would act pdq to stem the flow. If Eton was full of Rich Albanians so Farquhar couldn't get a place or Kensingtonn and Chelsea had a housing crisis because of billionaire Romanians and Pakistanis jumping the waiting list...you know what. You are 100% right. Why did we all have to wade through 8 pages of this nonsense before you popped up?

I think there is a great deal of truth in what you are saying. However, it is still too simplistic. It is not just low or unskilled work they are doing, and driving wages down. There are many working in skilled trades and certain Professions driving wages down in those areas as well. That is why all this uncontrolled immigration is killing our country. Immigration is great, if it attracts the skills we need, but when it provides an influx of skills that we already have an abundance of, it simply drives down wages. That is why we need to stop mass immigration, and use a quota system as Oz, New Zealand, Canada etc. use.

The construction industry is struggling, and its workers (trades and professionals) face another threat from immigrants that work for lower pay. And, in fairness, often very hard as well.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Or the government would be well looked after by these high class imports so they will turn a blind eye to any problems casued in exchange for business opportunities to fleece anything of worth from their native lands or huge donations to their political fund.

Either way the villains of this piece will find a way to make the situation work to their advantage and probably find some poor people to blame in the process.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think there is a great deal of truth in what you are saying. However, it is still too simplistic. It is not just low or unskilled work they are doing, and driving wages down. There are many working in skilled trades and certain Professions driving wages down in those areas as well. That is why all this uncontrolled immigration is killing our country. Immigration is great, if it attracts the skills we need, but when it provides an influx of skills that we already have an abundance of, it simply drives down wages. That is why we need to stop mass immigration, and use a quota system as Oz, New Zealand, Canada etc. use.

The construction industry is struggling, and its workers (trades and professionals) face another threat from immigrants that work for lower pay. And, in fairness, often very hard as well.

The immigration system over here is much better but let me tell you it doesn't stop the knuckleheads blaming immigrants for every problem the country faces.

We have the same '**** off we're full' idiots as any other country.

Unfortunately I am not sure that solving the immigration problems actually change the attitude of those apposed to immigrants.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Those seeking asylum here should be interned in facilities, 3 hots and a cot and that's their lot. If they are telling truth about how grim life is back in their homeland they'll appreciate any protection we offer. They've got 1 month to prove their case or they can feck off. I'm a lefty tosser in most things but it really is time we got our natives sorted out. Children in UK in the 21st century cannot afford food or housing. **** the immigrants for now, get our kids a bloody bed and get them fed.

Interned? What put in prison?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Yep, i work in the construction industry and it is in a very poor state at the moment.
My reckoning is that the construction industry might pick up after the influx of Romanians and Bulgarians, the same as in the early 2000's when the Poles came over...cheap labour and drive down the wages.
I worked with many Eastern Europeans, got chatting to many.
Here was their take on the work situation in England.
Firstly as i am a sparks, the Polish sparks in there own country (about 2007) earned about equivalent of £350 a month. So over here there plan was to work for just over twelve months, (Child Benefit from here being sent home) then go back to Poland (where they were entitled to 3 months of our dole money) they could claim ALL of there tax back, then after 3 months return to England to work again. Thus putting precious little cash into the UK pot.
After a few years (with obviously the wages being dropped down, but they were happy) the Poles realised they could command a bit better rates over in England.
So then construction companies pulled the plug on work.....and will wait until the batch of Romanians and Bulgarians come over, then the cycle will start again.
Now here is a goody..... the JIB, which the qualified sparks are members of, and the JIB sparks have to pay for their ECS card and JIB card, to the tune of about £65 every two/three years, then sent (with our money) training officers over to Poland, to train the Poles. After training them, they were then guaranteed a job in England, and there training (which was subsidised by us) was paid back out of their wages.
So in short, our money is training them, to take the few jobs (guaranteed work) that happen to be around....and of course, as earlier mentioned, they are delighted (at first) to work for wages below the JIB rate.......good innit.
In case there are the usual doubters, this information (if you really trawled deep) could be found on the JIB website.
As many sparks (or chippies, brickies etc) will tell you, it was very hard for a non Eastern European to get employment on the Olympic site.
The Eastern Europeans could afford the rent and council tax as they would live 6 to a house.....knowing they could go home for there 3 month break, tax rebate (full) and dole plus child benefit. Then a friend would take their slot in the rented house.
Another point as well, the government then (Liebour) stated that a certain amount of workers must have the local postcode, huh very astute eh :facepalm:...so the Eastern Europeans just rented houses within the local postcode.
Brilliant eh.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yep, i work in the construction industry and it is in a very poor state at the moment.
My reckoning is that the construction industry might pick up after the influx of Romanians and Bulgarians, the same as in the early 2000's when the Poles came over...cheap labour and drive down the wages.
Firstly as i am a sparks, the Polish sparks in there own country (about 2007) earned about equivalent of £350 a month. So over here there plan was to work for just over twelve months, (Child Benefit from here being sent home) then go back to Poland (where they were entitled to 3 months of our dole money) they could claim ALL of there tax back, then after 3 months return to England to work again. Thus putting precious little cash into the UK pot.
After a few years (with obviously the wages being dropped down, but they were happy) the Poles realised they could command a bit better rates over in England.
So then construction companies pulled the plug on work.....and will wait until the batch of Romanians and Bulgarians come over, then the cycle will start again.
Now here is a goody..... the JIB, which the qualified sparks are members of, and the JIB sparks have to pay for their ECS card and JIB card, to the tune of about £65 every two/three years, then sent (with our money) training officers over to Poland, to train the Poles. After training them, they were then guaranteed a job in England, and there training (which was subsidised by us) was paid back out of their wages.
So in short, our money is training them, to take the few jobs (guaranteed work) that happen to be around....and of course, as earlier mentioned, they are delighted (at first) to work for wages below the JIB rate.......good innit.
In case there are the usual doubters, this information (if you really trawled deep) could be found on the JIB website.
As many sparks (or chippies, brickies etc) will tell you, it was very hard for a non Eastern European to get employment on the Olympic site.
The Eastern Europeans could afford the rent and council tax as they would live 6 to a house.....knowing they could go home for there 3 month break, tax rebate (full) and dole plus child benefit. Then a friend would take their slot in the rented house.
Another point as well, the government then (Liebour) stated that a certain amount of workers must have the local postcode, huh very astute eh :facepalm:...so the Eastern Europeans just rented houses within the local postcode.
Brilliant eh.

How depressing.

Jan 30, 2008
The immigration system over here is much better but let me tell you it doesn't stop the knuckleheads blaming immigrants for every problem the country faces.

We have the same '**** off we're full' idiots as any other country.

Unfortunately I am not sure that solving the immigration problems actually change the attitude of those apposed to immigrants.
why are they knuckle dragers, people with strong views always get that tag, some people want it watered down to their liking .............. people like you :facepalm:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Brilliant eh.
SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT , BUNK BEDS WERE ALL THE RAGE ???
regards
DR

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
why are they knuckle dragers, people with strong views always get that tag, some people want it watered down to their liking .............. people like you :facepalm:
regards
DR

Yep. We don't live in a massive country with a small population, England is relatively small with well over 60million people. The infrastructure can not cope.
Still it is easier to brand someone with a name when they speak out eh. The fact is that England is full and bursting at the seams.......not rocket science or racist to speak about the plainly obvious.......is it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yep. We don't live in a massive country with a small population, England is relatively small with well over 60million people. The infrastructure can not cope.
Still it is easier to brand someone with a name when they speak out eh. The fact is that England is full and bursting at the seams.......not rocket science or racist to speak about the plainly obvious.......is it.

I don't have a problem with people who think the immigration system is flawed. My problem is with people who blame the immigrants. As I say Australias immigration is often held up on here as the solution to the UK's problem but there are still many idiots over here who complain about immigrants who 'come over here.............. etc etc.

I have no issue with people who have a problem with immigration policy, that is their opinion. I have an issue with people who have a problem with the migrants.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Good grief :facepalm: Do you lap up every single scare story the right wing media has to offer?

Good grief......do you lap up every single post that i make.
The article had the backing of an expert Dr........still it won't affect you in Oz......so no worries sport :)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Good grief :facepalm: Do you lap up every single scare story the right wing media has to offer?

Here you go BF.
The National Tuberculosis Control Strategy is part of Romania’s Country Strategy based on the guidelines set out in WHO’s 2006-2015 Global Plan to Stop Tuberculosis (MDGs 2015) and it provides the necessary framework for refining and harmonizing the national legislation and regulations with the European laws after Romania’s integration in the EU.

The incidence of this disease continuously increased in Romania, from 55.8%ooo in 1985 to 142.2%ooo in 2002. The deteriorated social and economic background and the dysfunctions in the operation of the healthcare system caused this problem.

"“We are talking about free movement of [contagious] people. This is a security issue, but I just don’t see any concern at EU level.”
High quality global journalism requires investment."

“TB is a huge public health issue, but I just don’t feel the decision-makers understand or are taking any action,” says Dana Farcasanu, head of the Centre for Health Policies and Services in Bucharest.
Romania: - FT.com

I hope the Financial Times meets with your approval BF.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports