Immigrants must wait for "years" before entitlement to public housing...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I think it's fair to say s/he was. Do you honestly think that one nationality can be 'superior' to another? If so, I think that's a pretty dangerous opinion to hold.

My eldest son is married to a lovely Chinese girl-------------------they had to keep records for several years to prove they were not faking it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Personally, I think it is the ONLY opinion to hold.

If we don't they will you mean,in every society in the world and for that matter the animal kingdom all have their hierarchy..

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
will be interesting to see how this is applied in councils such as southwark and tower hamlets where recent migrants are very influential. people just still dont get it do they, what happens in the real world and how organised and concerted chain migration is. its far far ahead of any bumbling populist bluster. same clowns different ****ing circus.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't really have that THEM AND US mentality. Or if i do then it's a rich and average/poor thing really. How long does someone have to be somewhere to become a part of it?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't really have that THEM AND US mentality. Or if i do then it's a rich and average/poor thing really. How long does someone have to be somewhere to become a part of it?

Can i stay at yours tonight,i may or may not pay you,i may or may not talk to you and i may or may not wash up after you have fed me,but i will become part of it straight away if you like-say 8 O clock?

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Totally agree with this. These immigrants are a huge drain on the UK's resources. As someone posted earlier - are they not supposed to seek asylum at the first country?, but yet they reach here and are welcomed with our benefit system.Along with the housing entitlement I think that they should also make them wait for a minimum of two years before giving them any benefits.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

How do you define your rich, average and poor prejudices ??

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Never mentioned anybody being displaced :shrug: When somebody's let into the country they either live in housing or they set up camp somewhere close to where they need to be. Not sure there's a third way, other than not letting them in in the first place. And that's clearly not going to happen.

The third way is to let them fend for themselves.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
How do you define your rich, average and poor prejudices ??

Bewildering and not well thought out, and reduced greatly as time has matured me. I just don't want to be the sort of person that draws borders everywhere and creates hierarchies of need based on length of membership or most likely to earn riches. I am not clever enough to explain or invent any sort of alternative system, but i simply express an opinion of non-fear and unoutrage, i hope to think, of those approaching, from whichever land.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
it's total unworkable bullshit. Where are these people going to stay in the meantime? Some kind of mega-refugee camp in wales? ???

changed for a really good idea

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I STUPIDLY WAS LIKE THIS UNTIL I MOVED TO THE HEART OF WELSH SPEAKING WALES
we could have been there until we died before we could have become PART of it

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Bewildering and not well thought out, and reduced greatly as time has matured me. I just don't want to be the sort of person that draws borders everywhere and creates hierarchies of need based on length of membership or most likely to earn riches. I am not clever enough to explain or invent any sort of alternative system, but i simply express an opinion of non-fear and unoutrage, i hope to think, of those approaching, from whichever land.

Those immigrants seem to understand the consequence of borders, crossing many to arrive here.

This isnt where there has been some catastrophe on our doorstep, where our humanity overrides consequence.

We contribute to our systems and rightly feel they are managed responsibly to deliver services to us all, economic migrants must have some stake in the contributory side before they enjoy its benefits.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
I STUPIDLY WAS LIKE THIS UNTIL I MOVED TO THE HEART OF WELSH SPEAKING WALES
we could have been there until we died before we could have become PART of it

I've lived in London for the best part of 20 years and i have never felt a part of it. Which for London says that i sort of belong. Stupidly or not.
Sounds like you were on the loveless receiving end of non-acceptance, which is surely an attitude we'd not look to mirror, isn't it?

Dandyman

In London village.
will be interesting to see how this is applied in councils such as southwark and tower hamlets where recent migrants are very influential. people just still dont get it do they, what happens in the real world and how organised and concerted chain migration is. its far far ahead of any bumbling populist bluster. same clowns different ****ing circus.

Go on, I'll bite. Exactly which "recent migrants" are very influential at Southwark ? PM me some names if you don't want to post them publicly.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's just the same old populist Tory crap. It won't make a blind bit of difference.
The press will keep on wheeling out stories of Muslim/ Romanian/African immigrants being granted council houses. It is the perennial scapegoat story, whilst the bankers keep giving themselves bonus, tax goes up and jobs get cut.

It's all the immigrants fault. Yeah right, course it is.

Dandyman

In London village.
It's just the same old populist Tory crap. It won't make a blind bit of difference.
The press will keep on wheeling out stories of Muslim/ Romanian/African immigrants being granted council houses. It is the perennial scapegoat story, whilst the bankers keep giving themselves bonus, tax goes up and jobs get cut.

It's all the immigrants fault. Yeah right, course it is.

This.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
There are lots of people I would like to see thrown out of the UK. Most of them were born here.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
there is now so little social housing it really is barely of any relevance other than as a publicity stunt.
The vast majority will be eligible for support with rent to a private landlord just as they are now. No change just political smoke and mirrors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports