Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Immensely proud

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Here’s a reason to be proud. Reading today’s Telegraph report on your game against Newcastle and it said this:-

“Yet there is something more significant that defines the differences between the teams. Brighton are enjoying themselves. They have not been in this position before, and whatever the final destination, they intend to enjoy the journey.

For Newcastle, who go to Stoke City today, there is only bitterness and fear. They are a club who never believe they should be in this position, especially with a manager such as Rafa Benitez.”

Happy New Year to you all.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Here’s a reason to be proud. Reading today’s Telegraph report on your game against Newcastle and it said this:-

“Yet there is something more significant that defines the differences between the teams. Brighton are enjoying themselves. They have not been in this position before, and whatever the final destination, they intend to enjoy the journey.

For Newcastle, who go to Stoke City today, there is only bitterness and fear. They are a club who never believe they should be in this position, especially with a manager such as Rafa Benitez.”

Happy New Year to you all.

Indeed... enlightenment vs. entitlement.

I know which I prefer.

I'm actually loving it... Chris Hughton deserves the freedom of the universe and beyond, for setting up a team that can actually get Glenn Murray pushing double figures at 30 fricking 4 in the PL over the course of a season.

He was unlucky today (Chris), we'll get this back in spades against one of the big boys... just you wait and see.

As it was written it will be.

Believe.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ha ha mate you should be buying Barber a shirt with your money! Happy New year to you and the Family of Mouldys

Ha ha matey, says Gullsworth, West Sussex own Robbie Fowler!

Happy new year to you guys.

D

Deleted member 2719

I didn't quite get that impression, but i did get the impression that we are definitely interested and perhaps in talks. He certainly didnt deny it or even try to play it down like i would have expected.

Okay, so i played it up a bit but Chris's unemotional face looked to be cracking into a if only you knew smile!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
This was the first game this season that I felt short changed by the side. I hold close to zero hope that we’ll sign a striker, maybe we’ll get an attacking midfielder on loan. I reckon we’re really going to have to see out this season with pretty much the squad we have.
I’m intrigued by this post.
What did you feel “short changed” by?
Sure, some of the decision making could have been better, and the ball should have been cleared before the 2nd equaliser,but I thought the whole team gave everything today. There were some very tired players at the final whistle. If they keep giving their all over the next four months we will be ok.
Whilst I am disappointed with the final result, I am not disheartened, and there is no way that I feel short changed.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Again; we were playing a team who are happy to spunk 50k a week (and the rest) giving Jemaine Defoe a decent retirement fund... I agree the manner of the second equaliser was comical at best, but we are doing very well to stay in the 'mixer' given the relative budgets of those around us and, and the fact the Bournemouth have done pretty well over recent seasons at this level.

In short; I don't feel short changed, gutted not to win yes, but I don't think our boys had much left in the tank in those closing stages.

Bournemouth have a far deeper squad to rotate in order to keep players fresh for the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here