Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm supporting Southampton this year.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Personally, I really enjoyed Saints having a good go at City yesterday. They were not overwhelmed by the occasion, despite City's status and formidable home record, and kept fighting right until the end. I was surprised that they hadn't sold out their full allocation, though.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
another vote for Stains humiliation every game ... oh and if Adkins says 'just want us to perform to the best of our ability' again I will throw something at the tv :)

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Don't know what those last two words mean?
I'm guessing something unfriendly?
To clear up any confusion, I'm from Brighton, I support Brighton. I have Sky Sports so I watch the Premiership every week, out of the Premiership teams this season, I want Southampton to do well.

What Brighton supporter would think that way? You cannot be a true Brighton fan. Are you a JCL who sees more glory to be had down there than at Brighton?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I very much hope they get smashed every week and come straight back down. Their fans really are incredibly arrogant, I am already sick of hearing how they are 'back where they belong'.

Their arrogance was summed up by a taxi driver who drove me home from Southampton a few weeks ago who was continually going on about what a massive club they are, that they should never have been relegated from the premier league in the first place and he was talking about Brighton like we were virtually a non league club in comparison. When I told him we had signed Wayne Bridge he nearly crashed the car in disbelief that Bridge had 'lowered himself to that level'. And that is not an unusual response from their fans and I should know, I'm friends with and related to enough of them!

I was disapointed that City didn't thrash them but I must admit I did enjoy the false hope they had for a few minutes.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
What Brighton supporter would think that way? You cannot be a true Brighton fan. Are you a JCL who sees more glory to be had down there than at Brighton?

Yeah all of that mate, completely sums it up in ever way. Well done you!
I'm a Brighton fan and will not and cannot enjoy watching any other football team in a different league and wish them well. Oh smite me!
Go and sit in the corner :thumbsup:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

What's wrong in him wanting saints to do well this season and watching them on sky :/

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yeah all of that mate, completely sums it up in ever way. Well done you!
I'm a Brighton fan and will not and cannot enjoy watching any other football team in a different league and wish them well. Oh smite me!
Go and sit in the corner :thumbsup:

In a different league this year - but what about the "history" of recent years? I just cannot understand you wanting to "SUPPORT" them this year. Your word, not mine.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
In a different league this year - but what about the "history" of recent years? I just cannot understand you wanting to "SUPPORT" them this year. Your word, not mine.

Yes fair enough, the word 'support' does give a different impression as to what the opening comment reads.
Word play to get people involved.
As stated in previous posts within this thread, I wish them well this year and I truly hope they do stuff some bigger teams and cause a bit of a stir in the Premiership. I don't buy their shirt, I don't go to their games. I'll prefer to see them score a hat-full of goals against Chelsea as opposed to any other top 6 Prem team.
If that makes it a bit clearer?
*Find and replace word 'support' to 'follow'*

:cheers:

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Personally, I really enjoyed Saints having a good go at City yesterday. They were not overwhelmed by the occasion, despite City's status and formidable home record, and kept fighting right until the end. I was surprised that they hadn't sold out their full allocation, though.

£52 plus £x for travel, food and drinks. NO THANKS.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
£52 plus £x for travel, food and drinks. NO THANKS.

Is that not the norm for watching the top clubs in the Premier League? As a fan of a club that hasn't been at that level for decades I genuinely have no idea but I'm kind of thinking that's what you need to pay if your players are earning over 100k a week..

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Is that not the norm for watching the top clubs in the Premier League? As a fan of a club that hasn't been at that level for decades I genuinely have no idea but I'm kind of thinking that's what you need to pay if your players are earning over 100k a week..

Doesn't mean i'm going to pay it. Plus it was on a Sunday which is shit. I have a ST, and will go to a couple of aways, but £52 is just ridiculous money to watch football.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Some seriously deluded children on here. The fact is Adkins, like him or not, has moved ahead of Gus in the achievement stakes for the moment with successive promotions and may become a target for the big clubs. Hopefully We can benefit and push on while Gus continues to hone his management skills with us.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Some seriously deluded children on here. The fact is Adkins, like him or not, has moved ahead of Gus in the achievement stakes for the moment with successive promotions and may become a target for the big clubs. Hopefully We can benefit and push on while Gus continues to hone his management skills with us.

I think big clubs may understand the significance of budget in evaluating a managers achievements.

Adkins has done well though, you do have to be able to handle that budget.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Doesn't mean i'm going to pay it. Plus it was on a Sunday which is shit. I have a ST, and will go to a couple of aways, but £52 is just ridiculous money to watch football.

For what it`s worth i agree with you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here