Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm supporting Southampton this year.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never forget for those who went in the Withdean times:
Adkins refusing to let he or his team applaud our title. Even Fergie makes his teams do it in similar circumstances ... showing he's more of a man.

And S'ton got there with a massive squad payroll cost in both of the last 2 seasons, giving collosal accounts losses ... all subsidised by the Estate of Liebherr.
So it was not incredible management, but being able to afford players greater than their true income could sustain, and the opposition.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have hated Southampton since Sunday Soccer was on, as it was always them or Pompey, Brighton games were shown every blue moon. Adkins and there arrogant fans have only made it worse, I hope they get smashed.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I know a few Soton fans. Their arrogance is beyond belief.

Absolutely this.

Up there in arrogance with Manure and Arsenal fans and think they're a massive team.

If you have a soft spot for Southampton then you may aswell go the whole hog and start supporting Palace aswell.

At least Palace didn't f*** us over and fixed a result with Spurs to get promotion!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No guard of honour from Adkins merry men yesterday, for the Premier League Champions, in their first competitive fixture since taking the title. Poor.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I hate them so much and hope they are relegated by the end of October!
And, their new kit looks crap!
And, Adkins is a smug, self-centred git.
And, hope he gets sacked soon.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I have nothing against Southampton, just hate Adkins. The bloke is deluded. It wont be long before he is talking up their champions league credentials

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I always used to have a soft spot for Saints when they were in the Premier League before, I will probably go back to it now. I still don't like Nigel Adkins though, he's just got one of those faces I want to punch.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Out of all the Premiership teams this season.
Really hope they do well and I'd love to see them stuff a few northern clubs.

Like so many people I think you misunderstand the word 'supporting'. You can 'follow' Southampton in the same way that I 'follow' all Lincolnshire clubs. You can 'wish them well' if you so choose. You can certainly 'like the way they play' (and I rather like Southampton's movement and ability to find men in space).

But you can't 'support' them just by sitting in front of the telly. That's what most Man U 'supporters' call support. Support involves getting out there and turning up at matches.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Fans are arrogant, self-righteous tosses, just like their manager. Relegation would be very amusing. What team, who only played in League One two seasons ago, talk of becoming an international brand the moment they get promoted?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have no feeling about whether they stay up or not. We've had a bit of fun with a temporary rivalry over 1 season, mainly because their ignorant twat of a manager gobbed off for no reason and we destroyed them and made him look veery silly, but now they are back to being the non-entity on my radar they always have been.

Edited for accuracy :)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Like so many people I think you misunderstand the word 'supporting'. You can 'follow' Southampton in the same way that I 'follow' all Lincolnshire clubs. You can 'wish them well' if you so choose. You can certainly 'like the way they play' (and I rather like Southampton's movement and ability to find men in space).

But you can't 'support' them just by sitting in front of the telly. That's what most Man U 'supporters' call support. Support involves getting out there and turning up at matches.

The word 'supporting' was used to bring people to this thread. Which has worked.
Thanks for the brief English lesson though :thumbsup:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The word 'supporting' was used to bring people to this thread. Which has worked.
Thanks for the brief English lesson though :thumbsup:

Sorry if I was a bit sensitive. It's just that people misusing the world 'supporter' in the "I'm a Man U supporter myself" sense drive me potty.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would NEVER support Stains (unless we needed them to win to get us promoted)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here