Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm off to the chippy, whaddya want?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just can't stand the teenage spunktruffles and fat benefits families that congregate there. Ghastly.
Maybe there wouldn't have been a binfest if the clientele was introduced in such a neutral politically correct fashion :lol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
he is popping in for me on the way back.

Oh I forgot while your still there can I have a Spam fritter please aswell Nibble

Ahhhh spam fritters, l remember them!, On a side note does anyone remember the tiny fish & chip shop at the top end of Sackville Road?, almost next door to the Hove Park Tavern?. They used to do amazing spam fritters back in the day. I was a regular visitor before games at the Goldstone, afterwards sometimes too!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I like a nice skate wing myself BG, not always easy to find in fish & ship shops nowadays alas.

You should be able to skate in here although its not a ship

Attachments

• the-ice-rink-fish-bar-300119520.jpg
    the-ice-rink-fish-bar-300119520.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 216

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Haddock, small chips and peas. I'll have a couple of cod roe if there is any going as well.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'll have pasty n chips with a tub of curry sauce. Chuck in a can of coke and I'll be more than satisfied ta.

Never understood why peeps have diet coke to go with all the grease that they have just eaten. Is it a bad conscience thing?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ahhhh spam fritters, l remember them!, On a side note does anyone remember the tiny fish & chip shop at the top end of Sackville Road?, almost next door to the Hove Park Tavern?. They used to do amazing spam fritters back in the day. I was a regular visitor before games at the Goldstone, afterwards sometimes too!

We used to go in there as kids to swap a bundle of collected newspapers, for a free portion of chips.

Result.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I could never frequent that establishment, fish bars should serve exactly what they say they serve, fish, If l wanted a lamb kebab then l would go to a doner shop.

Never the twain should meet.

My local Fish & Chip shop also sells kebabs and burgers (they are a bit more that £2.50 though) which are absolutely fantastic. The Fish is just as good too.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We used to go in there as kids to swap a bundle of collected newspapers, for a free portion of chips.

Result.

we used to go the chippy and get a bag of scraps free which was basically everything that fell to the bottom of the fryer and when I lived in Wigan if you were lucky bits of pie that had been battered or spam fishcakes great for nowt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here