Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm off to the chippy, whaddya want?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And here was me thinking you would be more of a bratwurst and sauerkraut man.

Good point. As much as I enjoy the German food like pork-knuckle, curry wurst, bratwurst and schnitzel I do miss many food items from the UK. Trips back home involve me traipsing round many restaurants these days. I miss trad chip shops, full-English breakfasts and "British Indian" curry houses mainly.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Good point. As much as I enjoy the German food like pork-knuckle, curry wurst, bratwurst and schnitzel I do miss many food items from the UK. Trips back home involve me traipsing round many restaurants these days. I miss trad chip shops, full-English breakfasts and "British Indian" curry houses mainly.

Why are you not obese?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why are you not obese?

:lolol: It does read like a dietician's nightmare I guess. Typically, I only indulge in such fayre once a week. But, my stomach bug has completely cleared me out so I guess I'm now good for a few more trips to the Brauhaus........once my appetite is back.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Funny thing, one of my very first trips overseas was to Germany back in the very early 1970's. I found myself eating a cheap meal of bratwurst and sauerkraut in the canteen at the main bahnhof in Frankfurt.

I'll always remember that meal, so simple and yet really delicious

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sing hosana's, my chippy is open again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here