Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] I’m Feeling Nervous

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Got the train from Dorsetshire to Birmingham last week for work. Two things struck me:

- just how good public transport can be
- just how many dickheads think the rules don't apply to them. Probably one in four without masks and appearing not to give a damn.

el punal

Just go off with a bang. Go out now to your local store, pull out your penis and thump your chest like Tarzan. Everything else is going to feel real easy. Its like if you're afraid of heights, you should start parachuting before climbing that ladder.

I’m glad you got penis and chest in the right order. It would be a bit embarrassing going to A&E with a todger looking like a blind cobbler’s thumb. :eek:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got the train from Dorsetshire to Birmingham last week for work. Two things struck me:

- just how many dickheads think the rules don't apply to them. Probably one in four without masks and appearing not to give a damn.

I imagine it's the same wankers I see in the supermarket. Fortunately it's considerably lower than 1-in-4, but there's always a certain look to them. Some posturing. Quite aggressive body language. You can tell they are just wanting some sort of challenge so they can scream "medial exemption mate" or some similar bollocks at someone.

That's not to say there aren't people with genuine reasons for not being able to wear a face covering of course, but there's certainly a commonality between the ones I see and, in most cases, they are visibly the type of people you'd have absolutely no desire to spend any time at all with.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't know how to use pubs now.

No idea about what the newfangled rules are. I'll have to go with someone who knows what they are doing.

el punal

Depends on the pub in Winchester. There’s one called the Albion very close to the station....... not that I’ve ever been in there.

Been there loads of times! Real ale boozer - Flowerpots brewery.

We’ll be bashing the Bishop on the Bridge at the bottom of the High Street, right next to the River Itchen. :drink:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
This will be an issue for some...Mainly office staff who have been working from home.

Myself working the whole time and working mainly on factory floors where its all but normal, masks worn when walking about and hand sanitiser is about the only difference.Its funny you go to these big factories and the offices are empty but the shop floors are working away as normal. Its like a real divide and I cant see that being good in the long run.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I imagine it's the same wankers I see in the supermarket. Fortunately it's considerably lower than 1-in-4, but there's always a certain look to them. Some posturing. Quite aggressive body language. You can tell they are just wanting some sort of challenge so they can scream "medial exemption mate" or some similar bollocks at someone.

That's not to say there aren't people with genuine reasons for not being able to wear a face covering of course, but there's certainly a commonality between the ones I see and, in most cases, they are visibly the type of people you'd have absolutely no desire to spend any time at all with.

I got a little part time job at Sainsbury's whilst on Furlough and if someone on entering the store said they were exempt then we had to let them in. Now back at my regular job if someone says that they are exempt I ask them to provide an exemption certificate, it's surprising the amount of f*ckwits that don't possess one and suddenly produce and wear a mask to come in to my shop!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Been there loads of times! Real ale boozer - Flowerpots brewery.

We’ll be bashing the Bishop on the Bridge at the bottom of the High Street, right next to the River Itchen. :drink:

Didn't the Judge warn you last time, that if you were caught doing that again then it would be a custodial sentence this time? :lolol:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Hands down, the most expensive pint I’ve ever bought, outside of hotel bars. :eek:

If you want to challenge that record, work your way through the beer menu in here... :)

Well worth a lost (expensive) evening, though quite a trek home for you!

895ECCC3-F11E-486B-88D8-BE0CBC79B991.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No, not Albion or football related. Today will be the first time I’ve travelled on a train and a bus since February 2020. I’m meeting up with a friend to celebrate today’s easing of Covid restrictions in a pub in Winchester - all booked and boxes ticked!

Being cocooned at home for the past fifteen months and being only very local in my travels, apart from a wonderful trip to Brighton recently by car, I have lived like a hermit. Nervous excitement and trepidation spring to mind for today’s proceedings. Has anyone else experienced the same, or am I being a complete tw*t? (No, don’t answer that last bit!). :drink:

What do you think is going to happen to you?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m not nervous about the Covid related stuff, it’s just about going out and about for the first time in yonks. Still, with the first pint down me I’ll be right as rain! :cheers:

Ye that’s what I thought you meant ..some forget it’s not all about covid ..in fact that’s a shrinking part of concern...or at least should be with the progress made..unfortunately for those that have been glued to MSM for the past year it’s going to play a major part in their behaviour/change

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A0Wwwce.gif

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

If nobody can be arsed to police and enforce the rules then some will take advantage and ignore them.

Having made quite a few train journeys in past 15 months or so (to Brighton, London & Southampton) I can honestly say that not once have I seen an "on-board supervisor" even walking through the train, let alone enforcing compliance amongst the mask-dodgers.

Once on a train and once on a bus I have been outnumbered by the mask dodgers and have taken my mask off on the basis that if the mask dodgers couldn't be arsed to wear a covering to protect me, why should I wear a mask to protect them?

Not only do some mask dodgers not give a damn, they seem to be strutting around like they have some elite status rather than feeling shame and embarrassment. Have we given the mask dodgers too much of an easy ride?

D

Deleted member 22389

99.9 % chance of surviving covid + now elderley and 35m vacinated.

Enjoy your drinks and reset the mind

Shows how far we have come. I will never forget the very first day of lockdown, rushing round to various supermarkets like a headless chicken for my mum and coming back with just a few tins. Everybody was freaking out, it felt like a Hollywood movie. Today feels normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’ll let you know after a few pints. :drink:

I think our brains will remember 'normal'. I haven't been on a train for as long as I can remember. It'll soon kick back into gear. Enjoy !

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I use public transport every day, everyone is wearing masks, nobody trying to sit next to you or invade your space, it's all very pleasant.
I'm even grateful to be wearing a mask as the local pisshead stinks like a gone off, vinegary, red wine with a urine mixer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here