Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] "I'm a retired professional cricketer..."

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My money's on Figjam. After all, he was actually caught exchanging texts with the SA team

He didn't seem to get on with anyone in the England team either and some (like Prior and Swann) seem to detest him

I think the 'few' is a red herring - if he said 'lots of times' it would be easier to identify him

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
OK as a retired twitter user I'm in the dark, what has been confessed to ?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Now test/international cricket is no longer on mainstream channels, I don't follow it as closely as I used to - but am surprised to find that I've never even heard of this player!

He seems like an alright bloke to be honest. Can't say I remembered him particularly either.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Could also be cricketers with Pakistani or Indian roots e.g Kabir Ali, Min Patel or Saj Mahmood.

Did they choose England, so as not to be considered an overseas player or were just not good enough for those sides and took the chance for international honours with England.

I'm not sure how any of those would be considered overseas players when two are English and the other a UK citizen from a young age.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm not sure how any of those would be considered overseas players when two are English and the other a UK citizen from a young age.

If they had of chosen to play for Pakistan they would then be considered overseas players.

Plenty of instances of County ‘Kolpak’ players refusing to play international cricket so they can earn more as a Kolpak in County Cricket.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[Tweet]1323330288773115906[/tweet]

So that makes him about 35/36 years old

[Tweet]1323586981096468480[/tweet]

So he's been a web developer since before the internet was mainstream and he was in junior school ?

This person is not a very good liar.

EDIT: I thought it was all the same person. Obviously not.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sounds just like your typical NSC poster on an England football night...

Oh different rules for cricket I see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here