Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I'm a Newcastle fan and

Acas

Feb 4, 2021
That was mightily impressive. Outplayed Arsenal at their place and not many teams do that.

Looking forward to our game on Thursday and rather than predict a result I'd rather say this. To beat you we are going to need to be at the top of our game. Impossible to predict, but you deserve the praise which will inevitably come your way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was mightily impressive. Outplayed Arsenal at their place and not many teams do that.

Looking forward to our game on Thursday and rather than predict a result I'd rather say this. To beat you we are going to need to be at the top of our game. Impossible to predict, but you deserve the praise which will inevitably come your way.

After Arteta’s touchline antics against The Mags this season, did you enjoy their demise today?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
" Chaudenfraud " can quickly turn around and bite you. Love watching Arsenal, like you guys. But he's petulant Arteta, looks for excuses. Be nice for him to say " Brighton were the best side " but I don't think he will

The new Newcastle are getting under their arrogant skins :lolol:

IMG_4108.png

Acas

Feb 4, 2021
Would you like to see Sunderland back in the Premier League for that extra spice?
No I wouldn't bud for a very personal reason. However, I've watched them a number of times this season and they've got a good young side who are good to watch.

You think you guys can keep your players and push on.? One more thing, is it a " flash in the pan " for you. ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It’s possible.

I’d check out our home games against Brentford and Everton. Those teams scored with pretty much every chance/shot against us. Because of the way we play, you’ll get a fair few chances. If you finish them, you might have a good evening.

Even if you lose of draw, you’ve clearly done almost enough for Champions League football. I’d be astonished if you don’t beat Leicester and the awful Chelsea.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
No I wouldn't bud for a very personal reason. However, I've watched them a number of times this season and they've got a good young side who are good to watch.

You think you guys can keep your players and push on.? One more thing, is it a " flash in the pan " for you. ?
OK mate. I understand. They were impressive last night at the stadium of shite! Luton looked intimidated.

Inevitability, Mac and Caicedo will move at some point but the grass isn't always greener.....

Hope it's a good clean match on Thursday. (y)

Acas

Feb 4, 2021
It’s possible.

I’d check out our home games against Brentford and Everton. Those teams scored with pretty much every chance/shot against us. Because of the way we play, you’ll get a fair few chances. If you finish them, you might have a good evening.

Even if you lose of draw, you’ve clearly done almost enough for Champions League football. I’d be astonished if you don’t beat Leicester and the awful Chelsea.
Hugo " it's us " ! Snatching defeat from the Jaws of Victory " is so apt, is what we do. Do I think our flirtations with relegation are over. Absolutely. But as long as we buy a couple of quality players every transfer window, I expect us to challenge for everything in three or four years. Note I said " challenge ". Take away the politics momentarily, and since our takeover, I have loved the direction the Club are going.

( our owners leave a lot of Toon fans feeling " uncomfortable ), but I can't leave the Club I've supported for 51 years.

I hope we beat you Thursday, I really do, but after that, like many I love watching you lot.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Certainly not a flash in the pan. We've improved season after season with fantastic South American recruitment.

Other Albion fans have seen much more than me but this is is maybe the biggest high tonight I can ever recall. :thumbsup:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think Thursday depends on how Smug sets up against us. Hopefully they will want to play and it will be a good game, but I wouldn't put it past him to sit back and do an Everton even at home.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
" Chaudenfraud " can quickly turn around and bite you. Love watching Arsenal, like you guys. But he's petulant Arteta, looks for excuses. Be nice for him to say " Brighton were the best side " but I don't think he will
He did. Astonishingly.

(After cry-babying about our fouls :lolol: )

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can see Newcastle being a game too far - more injuries today and it’s a thin squad plus tired legs. Just a hunch we lose it comfortably. Saying that I’d prob take lose to them and beat Southampton right now if offered - would guarantee 7th at the very least as long as Villa don’t win at Anfield.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can see Newcastle being a game too far - more injuries today and it’s a thin squad plus tired legs. Just a hunch we lose it comfortably. Saying that I’d prob take lose to them and beat Southampton right now if offered - would guarantee 7th at the very least as long as Villa don’t win at Anfield.
We have 4 games in just 10 days from the Newcastle match. We don’t have the squad to cope this. I wonder if Lallana or Moder might be ready soon?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It'll be very tough to keep them all, and we really could do with finishing 6th to give us a better chance of keeping players.

Re flash in the pan: we finished last season well, and continued good recruitment gives me hope that we can do well again, but finishing top 7 will of course be tough due to the money the big clubs can spend, and Newcastle have of course been added to the list thanks to your benefactors, making harder for a club like us. Of course we don't need to ask you if you can hold on to your best players and manager.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
We will do the reverse of that
It's what we do 🤣

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Think this will be one of our toughest games of the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can see Newcastle being a game too far - more injuries today and it’s a thin squad plus tired legs.

Every game could be a game too far. These crammed fixtures are another nightmare for us.

Saying that I’d prob take lose to them and beat Southampton right now if offered - would guarantee 7th at the very least as long as Villa don’t win at Anfield.
Cue Villa win at Anfield.

Acas

Feb 4, 2021
Every game could be a game too far. These crammed fixtures are another nightmare for us.

Cue Villa win at Anfield.
Is it top six or seven who qualify for the Europa ? I'm old enough to remember watching us play you at the Goldstone Ground many many years ago. As I recall, it was quite a walk from the Station , where your " youths " gave us quite a welcome. The Grounds then.!! I think you had one " main " stand and the rest was terracing. Think your Centre Half was Steve Foster, played with a headband. If you can't remember / don't recall, ask your dad. Dear me I'm old at 58. Get this. I said to my boys " I want to see the Toon win something before I die ". I MIGHT just make it, just ha ha. Enjoyed the banter, after Thursday, hope you fellas do well. I remember playing Brighton at St James years ago and you completely filled out the Leazes end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here