Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I'm a customer, and I'm not satisfied .....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who, where, and when was Premier League Ready, actually first said?

Or is it just some faceless marketing guff dreamed up by a bequiffed, bearded, no necked Rodney, a la One Club ... .

It's the same people who do the one liners for the car adverts….always make me laugh at how cheesy they can be sometimes...

Mercedes: Unlike Any Other.
Fiat: Driven by Passion.
Volvo: Volvo. For Life.
BMW: Sheer Driving Pleasure.
Jaguar: Born to Perform.
Audi: Keeping Ahead Through Technology.
Peugeot: The Drive of Your Life.
Toyota: Let's Go Places.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Who, where, and when was Premier League Ready, actually first said?

Or is it just some faceless marketing guff dreamed up by a bequiffed, bearded, no necked Rodney, a la One Club ... .
I believe that it was once quoted as a high level management edict to the non playing staff at the Amex to ensure that everything is run as professionally and efficiently as possible. I believe that there was one (yes one) article in the Argus with Paul Barber stating that this is how he wants the club to be run.

It is now used as a stick to beat him with by fans, with an over inflated sense of entitlement, every time that the team play badly or go through a lean patch. It's as if using the phrase 'Premier League Ready' as a (slightly wanky) managerial sound-bite was a personal promise to them that we'd be in the Premier League by now.

I think he was also mis-quoted on the customer thing, but this was also picked up on as in insult by some of our more precious fans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe that it was once quoted as a high level management edict to the non playing staff at the Amex to ensure that everything is run as professionally and efficiently as possible. I believe that there was one (yes one) article in the Argus with Paul Barber stating that this is how he wants the club to be run.

It is now used as a stick to beat him with by fans, with an over inflated sense of entitlement, every time that the team play badly or go through a lean patch. It's as if using the phrase 'Premier League Ready' as a (slightly wanky) managerial sound-bite was a personal promise to them that we'd be in the Premier League by now.

I think he was also mis-quoted on the customer thing, but this was also picked up on as in insult by some of our more precious fans.

Blimey I didn't even ask with an agenda!!

It did always (and still does) make sense to me.
You only have to look up the road to see how badly promotion can go, when you're not 'ready'.

It's just fortunate for our neighbours that the bottom 12 teams in the Premier League are always so poor, and they managed to make one correct decision with Pulis.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm a fan. i think.. well put it this way I'd never boo my team under any circumstances, kick the cat on a bad day perhaps .. but then if not satisfied I'd never consider booing in Tesco either and in there I'm definitely a customer, confusing isn't it .. lets clear this up

fan noun [C] (PERSON) someone who admires and supports a , sport, sports team, etc.:

customer noun: customer; plural noun: customers
a person who buys goods or services from a shop or business

Yep I'm definitely a fan

Sounds like bad news for the cat, though.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's the same people who do the one liners for the car adverts….always make me laugh at how cheesy they can be sometimes...

Mercedes: Unlike Any Other.
Fiat: Driven by Passion.
Volvo: Volvo. For Life.
BMW: Sheer Driving Pleasure.
Jaguar: Born to Perform.
Audi: Keeping Ahead Through Technology.
Peugeot: The Drive of Your Life.
Toyota: Let's Go Places.

But just imagine if they told the truth:
Fiat: Every Cliche about Italians being Unreliable - in Car Form.
Vauxhall: Driving's More Fun with Dodgy Brakes.
Renault: Rust Never Sleeps.
Rover: The MOT cost HOW MUCH?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Yes its now one club one ambition which is all over the club shop.

Im using THAT to beat him with because after all unless this ambition is league one football then it means prem league.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm pretty sure this has been posted on here before, but I'm happy to repeat it because the question was asked previously:

The slogan: One Club. One Ambition. is a marketing strap line to accompany the launch of a new technical partnership with Nike and a kit deal that embraces and supplies all areas of our football club – men’s, women’s and academy teams.

As such, the meaning of One Club is pretty obvious. One Ambition is also fairly easy to grasp. It’s simply for all of our teams – making up One Club - to each be playing at the highest level they can in their respective areas.

Achieving Category 1 status for the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre realises the first aspect of our ambition for our Academy teams as they will now be playing against the best clubs in the country from the most junior level to under 21. Seeing our women’s team progress to the WSL would realise another aspect of our club’s ambition.

Clearly, for the club as a whole, seeing our men’s team reach the Premier League, and maintain this status, will be the critical element of completing our One Ambition.

Maybe NSCers are an unusual bunch - maybe they all achieved their ambitions quickly and easily with the minimum of effort. If so, perhaps those ambitions weren't very, errrm, ambitious.

Remember to fit the rubber sheets tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here