Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'll be honest...

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Best to look at it from the point of view of how far we have come. Expectation all season was that we'd just miss or maybe sneak into the play-offs. We have swept into the play-offs while others have fallen away - and now we're here let's just enjoy it. Yes it is Palace - and a defeat would be hard to take - but we have quality and can win big games, and usually do win big games. Whatever happens we'll have a different kind of squad and expectation next season - either in the Championship or with luck in the Premier League. We'll need a bit of luck but otherwise, isn't this great ? We're in the play-offs and have a sniff of the top division again for the first time in 30 years. Nervous yes - worried no.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you imagine how you'd be feeling if we hadn't turned them over at the Amex??

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Think I am over confident. All the talk at work is about the arrangements for the trip to Wembley. Foolish.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
...I'm absolutely shitting myself now.

Where has my quiet confidence, that our undoubted class and superiority will out, gone?

Don't worry boss man , you've got it in the bag !

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I can't feel dreadful. It's the weekend for starters with added excitement of football on the Friday night and then again Monday. Its excitement beyond belief.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The way to look at it is not be too worried about tomorrow because whatever the score, it isn't over. Monday on the other hand.........*gulp*

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I could actually vomit with nerves. That 1-3 at the Amex is still fresh in the mind because I felt SO confident before that one. Even with our good run going into this, got a horrible horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach :(

100% this. Was very confident last season and we got beat. Was expecting a tonking at home this season and lo and behold we were the ones dishing out a thrashing. I don't know how I feel about this anymore, one second I'm confident and then I imagine the tension if they scored first, and it makes me feel physically sick. Form counts for nothing going into games like this as far as I'm concerned. It's lucky winning relies on the player's bottle, not mine - I've been laying poo eggs all week.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The thought of penalties on Monday has resulted in mild palm sweat.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Those are the one we know we don't know about. Those are the known unknowns. There are also the known knowns, like CMS and Hoskins. What worries me is the unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know about.

But , maybe , apart from ulloa we can cover the other positions .... If koosh and bridge are out we are in trouble I think. Dreading that team tweet around this time tomorrow....

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm quietly confident - well I am this minute !
Last minute I thought we'd lose so God knows what I'll be like by 7pm tonight , or indeed by 7.45 tomorrow !

Asupporter

Jan 18, 2012
Brighton
If we play our game, keep a cool head, and we will not disgrace ourselves, Anything other than a right thrashing will see us in good stead for Monday.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Thank god the home leg is second. Barring an unlikely absolute disaster tomorrow - I know, I said it - I'm fairly confident that we could turn over an iffy result once we got them at the Amex. Imagine it the other way round: even a win for them tomorrow *spits* would mean they're very far from home and hosed.

And if that hasn't worked, take the advice above and watch Gus' speech. Henry V? Gettysburg? John Major-like in comparison. Never heard a manager giving a pre-match talk to the fans before but...that's Gus. Thinks of everything.

el punal

I'm afraid I'm the same, if not worse. Tomorrow night from 7.00 until 10.00 I will hide in the cupboard under the stairs, turn off my mobile phone, and exit at 10.01. By then I hope to have developed balls enough to turn on the T.V. to find out the result.

On Monday I will be at the Amex . . . . and by 10.00pm I hope I will be elated! :ohmy:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I've gone from over confident, to quietly confident, to not confident at all, to a state of almost blind panic. Are they feeling the same? I assume so. I hope so.

Pretty much exactly the same for me. Was desperate for Palace in the semis as I saw it as easiest route to the final, over two legs we would have too much for them etc.
Then once it was confirmed I felt a little bit sick with nerves and now, now I'm absolutely shitting myself about the whole thing. Get tonked tomorrow and Monday could be pointless. Gah I'm going to bed early!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here