Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If you're Bristol City, who do you appoint?

Next Bristol City manager?

• Chris Hughton

Votes: 189 85.9%
  • Mick McCarthy

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Ashley Cole

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jonathon Woodgate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Karl Robinson

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Neil Warnock

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Quique Sanchez Flores

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • John Terry

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • David James

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Surely it depends on the clubs that came calling? Am I reading correctly between the lines, he’s waiting for a PL team to come calling?

Is he ready now for another job now?. And no I don’t expect you to answer that :smile:

Thats a myth that he is waiting for a PL Club that Journalists have made up - I do know the answer to your question - Yes he will be working next year . I don't know the answer to where though because I always tell him not to tell me until after the fact

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Was it you, Noo? :lol:

LOL - No it wasn't me

Thats where we miss BensGrandad - If I wanted to get something out there I could always drop something here knowing that BensGrandad would have it out there in the Public Domain within minutes

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Sam-Allardyce.jpg

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Thanks for asking, no. I don't, but I can appreciate the football club. I've been to Bristol on a few occasions, I like the place and the football club is very similar to ours in terms of relative size and potential. They haven't come close to fulfilling theirs for quite some time and we've only really started achieving our own in the last 4/5 years. I wouldn't be surprised to see them spend time in the Premier League in the next decade, especially if they hire Chris Hughton and allow him to pick up some of his trusted lieutenants.

Thank you for your reply.
I have never been to Bristol. I suppose I think of it as an aggressive place with all those hooligans smashing up stuff in a mob type mentality.
Thinking about it, I know a chap from Bristol who goes to City, I must call him and see who he wants. I will let you know what he says, and you can add it to your poling.

If I had to choose between the two Bristol sides, I would always go for Rovers.
I hope Hughton gets a job, but in this ageist world, he may stand more chance at B&Q.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have never been to Bristol. I suppose I think of it as an aggressive place with all those hooligans smashing up stuff in a mob type mentality.
Thinking about it, I know a chap from Bristol who goes to City, I must call him and see who he wants. I will let you know what he says, and you can add it to your poling.

I hope Hughton gets a job, but in this ageist world, he may stand more chance at B&Q.

Don't talk Pish

There wasn't a Championship Club who changed their Manager in the last 12 months who didn't enquire about his availability, some more than once.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
If you're Bristol City, who do you appoint?

Someone to go around changing all the street names..

To the BEAR PIT for you my lad.. :ban:

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Gustavo Poyet

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

Thus it has ever been so.

Wilipedia "Bristol Riots"

Contents

1 Bristol Bridge riot, 1793
2 Queen Square riots, 1831
3 Old Market riot, 1932
4 Park Street riot 1944
5 St Pauls riot, 1980
6 St Paul's riot, 1987
7 Hartcliffe, 1992
8 Stokes Croft riot, April 2011
9 National riots, August 2011
10 See also
11 References
12 External links

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes your final sentence is very valid l think. As much as l would love to see Chris get the gig, there is a new brand of manager out there now, who likes to do things very differently, (as we have found at the Albikon this season), and it may well be one from the new school who the City board will be interested in.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I hope CH gets the job if he wants it.

Always enjoyed away games at Ashton Gate and my experience there has been that their stewarding of away fans hasn't been bettered at any other ground.

CH & Liam probably a good combination and provided he didn't burn his bridges when he got sacked some experienced Brighton players nearing the end of a PL career (Murray, Stephens, King Kayal, maybe Hemed) and possibly some of our young 'uns on loan would be a great mix.

I don't have a "second team" but I would certainly take far more interest in how they are doing if CH takes the reins.

I hope he gets the job and if he does, I wish him well.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A chap I know from Bristol says, it's a done deal Hughton has the job.

Well if so, I was thinking that it would be nice to send Bris City some of our promising U23s who don’t make the full squad next season. Players like Taylor, Sanders, Băluță, Yapi, Mlakar, Gyökeres, Dendoncker, Weir, Roberts, Østigård, Walton, Sanchez ......Christ there are so many!!!

But then I thought, with their youth and inexperience, will they get a game? Is that unfair on Chris?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Silly if he is, the Championship and getting teams promoted into the Premier League really is his forte, and there is no one better at it.

As mush as l love Chris, sometimes it's best to privately except your failings, and stick to what you are brilliant at.

How patronising!

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Well if so, I was thinking that it would be nice to send Bris City some of our promising U23s who don’t make the full squad next season. Players like Taylor, Sanders, Băluță, Yapi, Mlakar, Gyökeres, Dendoncker, Weir, Roberts, Østigård, Walton, Sanchez ......Christ there are so many!!!

But then I thought, with their youth and inexperience, will they get a game? Is that unfair on Chris?

A good idea, but like you say Chris would never trust them. You have to have an attention to risk and belief in young lads. I am not sure he would adapt at all, while serving in the twilight of his career.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A good idea, but like you say Chris would never trust them. You have to have an attention to risk and belief in young lads. I am not sure he would adapt at all, while serving in the twilight of his career.

Your previous post prior to that one was attention seeking attempt at ITK nonsense.

So your ITK knowledge on this might leave a lot to be desired as well.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I would bite someone's hand off for Hughton if I were a City fan. Hope he gets it (if he wants it) and hope he can keep them up/his job if they make it! great club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here