Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If you were Palace...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The one thing that you can say about 'English leagues are that they are honest, and I don't for one minute believe that any team would go out and look to lose a game.

With the woeful home record that Palace have (19th best in the PL) I would be more worried if the game was at Selhurst, but with Cardiff needing a win I would expect Palace to pick them off on the break, and then shout loudly MIND THE GAP

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
If I was Palace I'd be 100% applying the rules of conkers, safe in the knowledge that as Cardiff beat Brighton that means if "we" beat Cardiff that makes "us" superior.

Personally I'm eating nothing but greasy food for a week to get the acne going and wearing a black hoody 24/7 in tribute to Palace's finest this week.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Hardly a team of world beaters palace won’t need to play there youth team in order for Cardiff to be able to beat them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If I was palace....

....I'd be seriously questioning my life choices.

If the roles were reversed though, I'd love to see us roll over against Cardiff. Sod the extra £2m prize money, that'd be priceless.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Palace players are competing for league position, bonuses, contracts etc.

Why would they roll over because it might, possibly, maybe (but probably not) affect a rival club? That would be nonsensical.

Indeed. Ludicrous thread. I hope nobody bounces it.

Oops :facepalm:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If fans were in control of team selection then they'd play the u18's, luckily for us Roy will want to finish as high as possible to get more money for transfers. Plus remember they were "on the beach" when they beat Arsenal away!

I think we may be surprised at the result.

Most Palace fans I know want us to stay up. They get the rivalry and agree we need to play each other regularly to keep a healthy rivalry.
Most seem very confident that they will do us a favour.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Yes, Although if you actually attack them you may find their soft underbelly. Their defending has been comical the last 3 games.

Then this could be antithesis of the immovable object/unstoppable force thing :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
....I'd be seriously questioning my life choices.

If the roles were reversed though, I'd love to see us roll over against Cardiff. Sod the extra £2m prize money, that'd be priceless.
Not really priceless, as Cardiff won't beat Utd and would go down anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here