Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If you were Palace...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Interesting topic.... but I have to say that it really is time we began to mature as a club and aspired to greater success than merely beating Palace a couple of times. I think some supporters put too much emphasis on those two matches.

I am sorry it has come to this - that Palace can affect our season; but if I was Roy I would ignore all the baggage and think only about finishing the season on a high and beating any opposition as comprehensively as possible. To do otherwise would be vindictive and stupid. I sincerely hope that we would do the same if the situation was reversed.

Let's hope the majority of the Palace fans enjoy our intense rivalry and look forward to more of it next season.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If I was a Palace fan, I would enjoy the fact that we might owe our place in the Premier League to them. So next season there’d be a lot of ‘You’re only here because of us’ from them and a lot of ‘Yes, thanks for the six points’ from us.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Players and staff are professional these days, the days of the chairman sticking his head in the dressing room and telling the players to take it easy are long gone.

Cardiff will have to attack us which will leave holes at the other end, Can see us winning down there to be honest, We are decent on the road. Zaha was there on loan, im sure he will want to put in a performance.

Although if we did lose and it kept you lot sweating for another week it would be amusing.

So it's a win win then?

But will the Palace fans get behind Cardiff and become their 12th man?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not to mention keeping us in the league generates palace more revenue next season. (Although the associated ball-ache might take the edge off that).

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Palace fans probably would prefer to wipe the smug “double” smiles off our faces but the players? Not sure they would spunk a win bonus for us.

I do know a few ex pros though and some of them really are that petty.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is mostly a fan thing. The players & club themselves won't care anything like as much about this, plus most of the players will be on bonuses for wins / goals / final table position, all of which are still very much up for grabs.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is mostly a fan thing. The players & club themselves won't care anything like as much about this, plus most of the players will be on bonuses for wins / goals / final table position, all of which are still very much up for grabs.

100%, these days money talks

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Players play for win bonuses and the potential of a new signing on fee.

I doubt taking it easy would have even entered their heads

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If Saturday’s to go by, we’re definitely on the beach.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I am expecting a woeful game decided by a penalty as a result of a Zaha super dive. Warnock's head then explodes live on tv as he goes into a rage never seen before.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It's nonsense to suggest that Palace not try hardest to win, of course they should- and will.
It is ironic that their victory will do us a favour, even more so if Zaha scores the winner!
I will cheer them on next Saturday......

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Players and staff are professional these days, the days of the chairman sticking his head in the dressing room and telling the players to take it easy are long gone.

Cardiff will have to attack us which will leave holes at the other end, Can see us winning down there to be honest, We are decent on the road. Zaha was there on loan, im sure he will want to put in a performance.

Although if we did lose and it kept you lot sweating for another week it would be amusing.
It's a win win for you guys. Great game to be involved in, wish the boot was on the other foot (without having to be a palace twonk obviousl)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If fans were in control of team selection then they'd play the u18's, luckily for us Roy will want to finish as high as possible to get more money for transfers. Plus remember they were "on the beach" when they beat Arsenal away!

I think we may be surprised at the result.

Its the only thing the hoddie boyz don't control

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here