Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you were Glen Murray....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I mean this in the nicest possible way about an Albion legend but I really hope he has something else lined up alongside the media work. He’s not a natural to say the least.

Obviously he might not want to coach but I always think it’s a shame when the game loses someone of his experience and who is clearly an intelligent player on the pitch, has had ups and downs and has developed his game over the years for longevity. He’s got so much he could pass on.

You overlook two things. Telly is fully singed up to diversity now (and rightly so).

And....he is the authentic and unique voice of Cumbria.

The way he talks when interviewed by the likes of Wrighty, Brighty, Smashy and Nicey sounds good to me (albeit I think he's been advised to rusticate more, so he's sounding much more Cumbrian than a year ago :whistle:) :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Personally, knowing that once retired I'd never play professional football again, I'd maybe want one more season, at a lower level where I could still shine. Probably not wanting to move the family, or live out in hotels, I'd look for somewhere relatively easily commutable. Could do a pretty good job for Crawley or Portsmouth, I would guess.

That would be my choice - I realise that he may well have other - or even better - ideas!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I can 99% say that Glenn will want to stay on his PL salary and then go into tv punditry. I doubt whether any championship club would pay him significantly more than he’s earning ( £48,000 approx ) per week on a long term contract to join them at his age and with all respect his pace. His kids are schooled in Sussex ( private ) and I doubt whether he would want to disrupt that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In his shoes I would stay with BHA but having said that if the offer of a loan to a club within easy commuting distance of Brighton like Portsmouth or a London club came up I would consider it but would never consider a move that meant either moving or staying away in a hotel 5 nights of the week.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You overlook two things. Telly is fully singed up to diversity now (and rightly so).

And....he is the authentic and unique voice of Cumbria.

The way he talks when interviewed by the likes of Wrighty, Brighty, Smashy and Nicey sounds good to me (albeit I think he's been advised to rusticate more, so he's sounding much more Cumbrian than a year ago :whistle:) :lolol:

Actually you’re right, it’s all about Workington man these days isn’t it!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In his shoes I would stay with BHA but having said that if the offer of a loan to a club within easy commuting distance of Brighton like Portsmouth or a London club came up I would consider it but would never consider a move that meant either moving or staying away in a hotel 5 nights of the week.

BG, why would this elegant but aging striker grub around in the lower leagues at his age, getting his arse kicked by overweight thugs, when it has been made abundantly clear his future is in the media? He seems quite happy right now to make the occasional on-pitch cameo. He's probably also boning up for his coaching badges, too. A striker coach and part time media representative, interpreting the yob's game for sheep-shagging mountain-dweller and subsistence-fishing mudflat dweller football fans, while living a comfy life in Hove? What would be not to like? :shrug:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Do I remember Bob Wilson as a presenter? I remember him as a player! An ever present between the sticks when I watched Arsenal win the League & Cup double in 1970/71.

Don't worry, I cam to my senses and transferred my allegiance to the Seagulls soon afterwards.

He lives just down the road from me, lovely bloke with some cracking footballing stories.

He devotes most of his energy these days to his charity which is well worth supporting.

https://www.willowfoundation.org.uk/

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG, why would this elegant but aging striker grub around in the lower leagues at his age, getting his arse kicked by overweight thugs, when it has been made abundantly clear his future is in the media? He seems quite happy right now to make the occasional on-pitch cameo. He's probably also boning up for his coaching badges, too. A striker coach and part time media representative, interpreting the yob's game for sheep-shagging mountain-dweller and subsistence-fishing mudflat dweller football fans, while living a comfy life in Hove? What would be not to like? :shrug:

I am not saying that he will or even should but as players get older they are reluctant to admit any shortcomings and often feel they are able to still produce the goods, he may think the same.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am not saying that he will or even should but as players get older they are reluctant to admit any shortcomings and often feel they are able to still produce the goods, he may think the same.

This is true of us all, BG. Including myself :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brought nothing but fouls and 50p headers today, time to take him out of the squad imo

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Glenn you are a legend but should never have been kept in the squad this season. Striking coach would have been a better option. Has not even looked like scoring. I'd rather have one of the young strikers from the U23's on the bench now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
God the shite I got all summer. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here