Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you go down to the woods..

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I went to Chanctonbury Ring many years ago with a friend who was into ghost hunting and it is a strange place - it is reported that there is no bird song to be heard there as birds do not fly over it and it did seem remarkably quiet there. We didn't see anything though and went on to Bodiam Castle where there was, allegedly, the ghost of a nine foot tall phantom drummer who had been bricked up in the walls. Didn't see anything there either

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I went to Chanctonbury Ring many years ago with a friend who was into ghost hunting and it is a strange place - it is reported that there is no bird song to be heard there as birds do not fly over it and it did seem remarkably quiet there. We didn't see anything though and went on to Bodiam Castle where there was, allegedly, the ghost of a nine foot tall phantom drummer who had been bricked up in the walls. Didn't see anything there either

That's interesting about the birds not flying over.i wonder if it's to with magnetic fields or lack of magnetic fields or some sort of invisible energy.
These could explain why humans "sense"something in these places or maybe even that they were created so humans can sense something or even quiten the senses.i will look into this.thanks
I won't be looking for ghosts though flippin scary.
If I had seen the 9ft drummer ghost then I would be beating a hasty retreat.lol.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That's interesting about the birds not flying over.i wonder if it's to with magnetic fields or lack of magnetic fields or some sort of invisible energy.
These could explain why humans "sense"something in these places or maybe even that they were created so humans can sense something or even quiten the senses.i will look into this.thanks
I won't be looking for ghosts though flippin scary.
If I had seen the 9ft drummer ghost then I would be beating a hasty retreat.lol.

Could be something like that re: the bird thing.

As for ghosts... I would imagine forest ghosts to be fairly chill and morally well-adjusted. Once I turn into a ghost Im heading straight to the ladies dressing room.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Could be something like that re: the bird thing.

As for ghosts... I would imagine forest ghosts to be fairly chill and morally well-adjusted. Once I turn into a ghost Im heading straight to the ladies dressing room.
I don't think the dresses will stay on you if you are a ghost.
If you want to parade around in ladies clothes then I think you need to start before the afterlife.:lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I spent 5 mins watching a Red Kite fly over Chanctonbury a few months ago.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Myself and girlfriend went for a walk on Sunday. Started from Steyning and up onto Downs, bordering Clapham woods, passing Chancontbury Ring and back to Steyning. On way into woods I said to my Missus that this place feels odd and I didn't like it. In the woods you could hear no animals just flies buzzing, my missus said "it smells of death in here".

A few minutes later I got bad stomach cramps and felt sick and cold. We got completely lost even though we were following a simple guide book and we are both experienced walkers. Reached a village called Findon and turned back passing a horse. The horse was chewing the grass we fed it when it stopped dead, stared straight past us looking very alert. It freaked us out so we pegged it. The whole place is creepy. I had a very disturbing dream that night and the missus woke up convinced someone was trying to kill her.

On Monday I looked it up on Web and guess what? Many people report stomach cramps and nausea and coldness in that area. It is well known for Druid and darker occult meetings, in the eighties lots of dogs and horses vanished from there and their remains found on sacraficial sites. And worst of all, 7 people who know the area have gone missing, including children since the eighties only to be discovered dead in areas th epolice have already searched.

There are supposes to be ley lines there whatever they are. We did not know any of this at the time but it has seriously fraked us out.

Sorry for length of post. Does anyone else know about this?

I’ll bite
No one else is taking you seriously
But this gave me shivers and I think you may be onto something

The smell, flies and cramps in particular sounds weird

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’ll bite

+1

Humans are a fairly new species on this very old planet. Of course there are things we dont understand. Wont understand.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ll bite

It was strange. And stranger still to only later find out the history of the place. There are places that put you at ease and there are places that make you feel uncomfortable. Who knows why but Clapham Wood struck me as a dark place.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone else start reading hoping it was a dogging story...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here