Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could see anyone / any band in concert, who would you choose?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Bob Marley
The Jam
The Beatles
Early years Elvis
The Smiths
Sex Pistols
The Clash

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Tom Waits and David Bowie would top my list and Springsteen would be up there. Looking forward to seeing Sting next week in Abu Dhabi!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Joe Jackson

Would also like to see Genesis - the original line-up with Peter Gabriel (I think they're all still alive, so meet the criteria for this thread).

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Of the dead-uns it has to be Jimi, then The Yardbirds with Keith Relf (the Beck & Page lineup).

Right now I'd enjoy Joe Bonamassa or the latest Yes lineup, as their last lp is very good!
My next gig though is rather interesting... the 50 year anniversary of The Yardbirds, with all former members invited. hmmm, who might show up for this one? Not EC, as he is touring the US, but even if the recent members show only, I know it'll be worthwhile!

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Joe Jackson

Would also like to see Genesis - the original line-up with Peter Gabriel (I think they're all still alive, so meet the criteria for this thread).

The first time i saw Genesis they were 3rd on the bill at Top Rank Suite.
They got banned that night for using flash flares for 'Return of the Giant Hogweed'.
Careless twats. Never seen them sans Gabriel (not interested either).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Bands with dead people: Beatles, Stones with Brian, Buffalo Springfield, Byrds on a good night.
No longer gigging: Garth Brooks with a big stadium type show at the O2
Still gigging, seen before but tickets a bit pricey now:Leonard Cohen, Willie Nelson
Keen to see as my hot new faves: Dawes
Love to see again: Brad Paisley (Thanks again for the O2 tip Frutos-Mrs Earle thought her best gig ever).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Steve Hillage.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
R.E.M

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I somehow always managed to miss seeing The Cure. Seen just about everybody else I ever wanted to see.

Not seen them either- they are into playing 30 song plus sets at the moment so would be good to catch them live. Playing mainly festivals though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here