Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If You Could Not Be British Who Would You Be

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Oh my, come live in Africa for a bit and see if you think it is the same. Last week I chatted to a family of 4 with a goat on a single motorbike, they were off to slaughter the goat as a sacrifice to god in a hope it will rain. Not sure ive seen that in churchill square.

You've obviously not been home for a while.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Having lived in a few countries, the one thing ive really noticed is ...they are all the same apart from the language.

what a thoroughly depressing conclusion you have arrived at.

I love travelling for the very reason that so many countries,the people and cultures are completely different from here

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
what a thoroughly depressing conclusion you have arrived at.

I love travelling for the very reason that so many countries,the people and cultures are completely different from here

i think dave is trying to say that we are all the same when the veneers of culture and effects of cultural conditioning are removed. its a pretty lovely statement in truth, but just comes out as total rhubarb.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As a Brit who lives in New York and whom the locals think is Australian I figure I already have the best of 3 worlds.

Personally, wouldnt mind an Irish passport, as they dont really feck with anybody, and nobody wants to kill them generally.

Certainly a lot of truth in the Luck of the Irish. I know many Irish folk who manage to live and work quite happily in New York without a Visa, a Social Security number or bank account unlike the rest of us mortals who need to have these.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I wouldn't mind being Costa Rican. Sounds like a chilled country which long since dispensed with an army and has two long coastlines (carribean and pacific) so presumably lots of good beaches. Also, I like coffee.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
It is going to have to be somewhere mountainous, and I have an affection for small regions which transcend artificial national borders so either Tyrol or Romansch.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
African...so I could have an enormous penis and beg for money to support all of the kids I have knocked out.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
An unknown Peruvian tribes(man), so I can just sit around naked all day on a log scratching me arse without a care in the world

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Most definetly Italian. Having had an Italian mother and seeing how their friends and family come together would swing it for me. Oh and the shoes, don't forget the Italian shoes. Funny enough I,m off to Bologna in about about two hours and then on to Lake Garda. Yes yes yes. I'm expecting proper Ragu.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
View attachment 66769
An unknown Peruvian tribes(man), so I can just sit around naked all day on a log scratching me arse without a care in the world

Without a care in the world... Apart from the army of knuckleheads with chainsaws backed up by a fleet of bulldozers, who are about to raze your forest to the ground, sell all the hardwood off to Japanese building merchants as formwork for construction sites, clear your land and plant it with soybean plantations for animal feed to raise the herds of beef cattle that will be sold off and turned into McDonald's burgers, and if you aren't driven off the land when your water supply is poisoned with insecticide and weedkiller, they will shoot you if you raise a finger in complaint. And that's if you haven't already died in agony of a Western disease your body never never knew existed before the loggers arrived.

And the worst thing of all is, you'll have to friends with Sting.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here