Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Here. One long holiday. :thumbsup:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I'd have 3 houses. One in Japan for spring and autumn, one in Brighton for summer and one in Australia for winter (summer actually).

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Chalvington Ripe
nice name
nice place

That's a cricket team isn't it?
Is Ripe exactly the same as Chalvington?
Only one's got a pub [I think]

Often people choose somewhere they've been on holiday - but living there permanently is quite different.

Never been, but thought the climate and lifestyle of New Zealand's North Island might tick most boxes

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
A nice house in the countryside within a 20 minute drive of Lewes with a nice garden and a small field. I would hate to live out of Sussex.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I have often thought about this but can never decide which one out of
Hawaii
Italy
A Greek Island
Stockholm
All brilliant for one reason or another.
In this country I would not move from where I am for anything.

I've been lucky enough to live in Hawaii, the beautiful Greek island of Paros and also Costa Rica.

Hawaii gets my vote every time, Honolulu has everything :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quiet part of Ibiza in a villa overlooking the sea.

This. Plus a large brownstone in NYC, an apartment in Tokyo along with a place in Berlin.... plus a lottery win.

On a serious note I have been quite fortunate to live pretty much in the places where I have wanted to live which is London, Brighton and Berlin. I would also love to spend a year or two in NYC at some point in my life.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6429120 said:
I've been lucky enough to live in Hawaii, the beautiful Greek island of Paros and also Costa Rica.

Hawaii gets my vote every time, Honolulu has everything :thumbsup:

I visited Hawaii (Kauai & Honolulu) some time ago, I have never felt so comfortable anywhere else in the world. The climate was perfect the lifestyle stunning scenery the beaches and surf and Honolulu is a fantastic city 100% perfect location.
I spent a whole summer island hopping the Cyclades but Paros & Antiparos was my favourite and the island I spent the most time on and have returned a few times since for holidays.
Mylopotas beach on Ios with the Far out Cafe is fabulous too but Ios Town is another story an absolute nuthouse that not many know about.
But previous poster is correct, not sure I could live there in the winter.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Palawan. My only option is to buy a house there and live like a hippy, or get into the real estate biz.

Very nice, have a friend who lives in Boracay .Trouble is is so frigging hot in the summer then so wet for 3 months!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A ranch on the Pampas in Argentina. But I'd want to fly back to Sussex for a couple of months of the year, probably for the end of the football season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You need to get out more.

I am not on the wind up here but I am astounded that so many want to stay in Sussex/Brighton sure sussex is nice and Brighton is a good city i am from T Wells myself but if i could live anywhere it would not be sussex.
I feel lucky to live between Devon & Cornwall but there are many places I would rather live (but not in the UK)
Unless its because you would miss The Amex then of course its completely understandable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not on the wind up here but I am astounded that so many want to stay in Sussex/Brighton sure sussex is nice and Brighton is a good city i am from T Wells myself but if i could live anywhere it would not be sussex.

Astounded? Really? Nick Cave, Paul McCartney and Roger Daltry are not from Sussex and I'm sure all three could choose to live anywhere in the world but they have all chosen Sussex/Brighton. In fact Mr Cave has lived in Brasil, Aus and Germany so far and seems to prefer Brighton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
That's a cricket team isn't it?
Is Ripe exactly the same as Chalvington?
Only one's got a pub [I think]

Often people choose somewhere they've been on holiday - but living there permanently is quite different.

Never been, but thought the climate and lifestyle of New Zealand's North Island might tick most boxes

They are two separate places, each with their own pub. The Yew Tree at Chalvington and the Lamb in Ripe. I live just up the road and drive through Chalvington every day on my way to Berwick station. Lovely part of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here