Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we were to get promoted to the Premier League this season....

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Just as an aside about our players. I read the Football League paper this morning and their report was quite fair. However their star man of the whole game was Bruno, (really?) and our worst player was Vicente, (I don't think so!). Perhaps others see things differently.

Anyway I agree with most people on this. Only Kuczczak, Vicente, Bridge, Bridcutt and Lopez are definates. Most of the rest on the bench I think.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
about right, except Croft... at least a squad player. he had 20+ games for Noriwch first season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Root and Branch cull would be needed if we were serious about staying in the premiership for more than one season. Ulloa is still a unknown quantity but CMS and Barnes and Hoskins would need to be urgently replaced for starters!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
The way Vicente popped a couple of balls round their right back yesterday for Bridge to run onto looked international class from the pair of them never mind premiership. I do have to pinch myself sometimes at the quality of the play we see sometimes from players wearing the stripes.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I hope we keep most of the squad, perhaps adding 2 or 3 of top quality. If you listen to qpr fans, they only have praise for the players who took them up that are getting another chance under arry

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The way Vicente popped a couple of balls round their right back yesterday for Bridge to run onto looked international class from the pair of them never mind premiership. I do have to pinch myself sometimes at the quality of the play we see sometimes from players wearing the stripes.

well yes, they do have 60 odd caps between them, that quality never goes. also a dozen top flight trophies too, in terms of career best players to ever play for us shirley?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
'Step up' Vicente??? I don't recall a more ludicrous post ever on NSC

Yes he's only played at the very highest level. Was one of the best young players in EUROPE 10 years ago, 30 something caps for Spain, 2 la liga titles, a champions league final. Might be just about able to make the step up if we're lucky :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely it all depends on what you expect from us in the Premier League.

Fourth from top - Koosh, end of.

Fourth from bottom - we'll be fine, but what a sh*te season.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
about right, except Croft... at least a squad player. he had 20+ games for Noriwch first season.

Norwich thought he was not up to PL standard.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Michael Laudrup thought Buckley could do a job. Hence he bid £5m for him in January.

I'd trust his judgement over most on here.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
We wouldn't change much. Would expect a few fringe players to leave and Gus to tap the Spanish market again. Probably poaching the better players from relegated teams.

One player I've noticed in la liga we may see in Brighton shirts is 'Riki' . Like him a lot.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
We have a big squad atm. I think we would need,providing we keep Bridge and Upson.1 CB.1 RB, 1 CM and two CF. Five quality players would be enough for us to be more than safe. Offset that by getting rid of Brezovan, Greer, Dicker, Barnes, Dobbie, Harley, Painter, Hammond.

Think you can add Crofts and Ankergren to go as well. We need a decent back-up keeper. Would like to see Barnes at least given a chance. I know people wont agree but I am not convinced about Buckley. He is a bit of a sick note and for me he can brilliant, but has too many quiet games and not consistent enough.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think you can add Crofts and Ankergren to go as well. We need a decent back-up keeper. Would like to see Barnes at least given a chance. I know people wont agree but I am not convinced about Buckley. He is a bit of a sick note and for me he can brilliant, but has too many quiet games and not consistent enough.

I do disagree about Buckley.

Class player; it was only a couple of months back that fans feared we would raided for Bridcutt and Buckley.

I don't think his injury record as bad as many others .... Vicente, LuaLua, Dicker.

Buckley might not be in everyones first team at this moment as Orlandi and Lopez are doing so well, but over the last 18 months, he has produced star performances many times, and scored a lot of vital and well taken goals.

Feb 12, 2013
In my opinion; you need a 23 man squad, at least, in the Prem.

Goalkeepers: 1. Kuszczak 2. - 3. Ankergren
RB: 1. - 2. Calderon (I rate Bruno, but I don't think he'd be happy to be a squad player, whereas Calde seems to be happy as long as he is involved)
CB: 1. Upson 2. - 3. El-Abd 4. Dunk (Once again, Gordon wouldn't want to be a squad player)
LB: 1. Bridge 2. -
RM: Buckley and Lopez both happy as first choice
CM: 1. Bridcutt 2. - 3. Hammond 4. Crofts
LM: 1. - 2. LuaLua
CAM: 1. Vicente 2. Orlandi
ST: 1. - 2. Ulloa 3. CMS 4. Barnes

I think we need a RB, CM, LM and ST all to start, as well as a back up LB. Brezovan, Bruno, Greer, Painter, Dicker, would rather not sign Hammond, Hoskins, Dobbie and possibly Barnes/CMS should leave to find first team football that they deserve

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

I wouldn't write Crofts off just yet. He played loads for Norwich last season, was Poyet's number one target by his own admission in the summer. Something clearly hasn't gone to plan but we all know he is capable....I would be more concerned about the strikers, I don't think Barnes, Cms or Hoskins would be good enough for the prem and I will stick my neck out and say I know it's early days but far from setteling in,Ulloa looks to be getting worse. He was total shite yesterday, what is it about Poyet and strikers, his record with singing them is f***ing awful..Let's just hope it was an off day yesterday and there are better days ahead, but i'm not at all convinced.Thank the lord for the midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here