Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we start playing two upfront who should partner Ulloa?

Who should play upfront with Ulloa if we play with two upfront

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to the official twitter feed we played 4-3-3 with barnes, buckley and ulloa up top. I think our formation is more fluid than that, but with such a basis, I can see us starting with cms, ulloa and barnes on occasions, and on other occasions there would be others, much like when we mixed it up with murray, barnes and wood.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could another combination not be tried in a DS game or at you say 22.5 mins each in a closed doors friendly. As Barnes has been tried that would mean Ulloa would only have to play just over an hour.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Tony deserves to see his team winning more often,that wont happen if the dictator does not drop McSmudger

For what it's worth, I don't think it will happen anyway. Ulloa is the striker we need for the formation we play, can see CMS leaving if Leeds etc actually come in for him in this window, probably for the best although I stand by my comments that he's bee asked to do a job that doesn't suit him during his time here...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For what it's worth, I don't think it will happen anyway. Ulloa is the striker we need for the formation we play, can see CMS leaving if Leeds etc actually come in for him in this window, probably for the best although I stand by my comments that he's bee asked to do a job that doesn't suit him during his time here...

Yep, Gus has to be held responsible to a degree for signing, for a lot of money, a player who just doesn't fit in with our style.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Ulloa + CMS needs to be tried, I'm sure it will have in training etc but it needs to work from the off otherwise I fear it never will. This is now or never for CMS at Brighton & Hove Albion. If it doesn't work then sell CMS and play Ulloa & Barnes. IF, and it's a big IF, CMS + Ullua do work, I would still have Barnes on the field 100%.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
The whole point of looking for a big striker the last two seasons has been to find someone for CMS to play off and collect balls won in the air. Would be madness to suggest anyone other than CMS.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I want the same formation as yesterday, I'd rather Barnes like yesterday.

If we were to play two upfront, either get rid of Macca and get a new one or use Barnes.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would love to see Ulloa win the headers and flick on to CMS who is busy scurrying away. Could be an amazing partnership.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
The whole point of looking for a big striker the last two seasons has been to find someone for CMS to play off and collect balls won in the air. Would be madness to suggest anyone other than CMS.

Gus has always stated that he's been looking for such a striker to help CMS up front so by what Gus has said in the past would mean that Ulloa will be playing with CMS unless Gus has changed is mind but we'll have to wait and see.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I would like to see CMS given a run with Ulloa. Barnes has already shown a good understanding; if CMS can as well that gives us more options.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Barnes. Could be the start of a legendary partnership - or a continuation of where the Barnes-Murray partnership left off. Hard to see where CMS fits in the picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here