Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we start playing two upfront who should partner Ulloa?

Who should play upfront with Ulloa if we play with two upfront

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The whole point of looking for a big striker the last two seasons has been to find someone for CMS to play off and collect balls won in the air. Would be madness to suggest anyone other than CMS.

No it wouldn't. Who knows where on the pitch CMS is going to be at any given moment? :shrug:

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Looked good on the first outing so stick with Barnes ans Uolla until we find a reason to change

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Do we adopt a diamond? or straight 4-4-2? instead of the current 4-1-2-2-1 if so what happens to Liam.

Hoskin's is probably the best technically to play alongside the big man and would be my choice too,but we could do with unearthing another (less immature) leon knight as an traditional little and large partnership.

I guess Barnes will be played where he is for now,CMS will despite the knockers will hit form again..

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I have voted Barnes as he keeps doing a good job for us.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Barnes - with CMS as sub to run around alot in last twenty minutes

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Gus has always stated that he's been looking for such a striker to help CMS up front so by what Gus has said in the past would mean that Ulloa will be playing with CMS unless Gus has changed is mind but we'll have to wait and see.

I think that statement is a bit lost in translation.

I believe when Gus said he wanted to bring someone in to help CMS, what he means is someone to help take the responsibility of goal scoring, not to help by playing alongside. If it was someone to play alongside he would have tried that with CMS and Paynter & CMS and Vokes.

We will mainly play the same 4-5-1 (4-3-3) system with Barnes/Hoskins/Orlandi out wide one side Buckley/LuaLua the other side and Ulloa/CMS up top.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Don't think we'll ever have a true 4-4-2 more likely a 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 ... I'd like to see Vicente just behind, Barnes if not

In the 4-4-2 Capello style Vicente could play the Gerrard role behind Ulloa so it is more like 4-4-1-1. For home matches the classic 4-3-3 Macca would be the obvious choice but he has not been playing well and I am not keen on him really. I would be inclined to play Lopez or even Lualua.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Barnes. Could be the start of a legendary partnership - or a continuation of where the Barnes-Murray partnership left off. Hard to see where CMS fits in the picture.

This - a revisit of The Withdean Years reminds you just how good Barnes and Murray were together. Barnes has that wonderful combination of youthful bravery and never-say-die attitude, combined with an increasingly mature head on his shoulders and rapidly developing skills and ball control. Sadly CMS is on the downward slope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here