Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we lose tonight, is that it for Hyypia?

If we lose tonight, will Hyypia get the sack?

• Yes he will

Votes: 43 23.2%
  • No he won't (but he should)

Votes: 128 69.2%
  • No he won't (which is right)

Votes: 14 7.6%

• Total voters

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think so. Even people saying no are perhaps underestimating how they might feel later if we have lost to an equally poor Millwall team at home, and find ourselves further adrift in the bottom three. People would leave thinking we are going down, simple as that.

It has the smell of a potential sacking match for all sorts of reasons if the result goes against us. One win in 17 league matches would be case enough on its own, but there is a deeper gloom that needs lifting.

That doesn't mean I think we will lose. I think we'll win, but like many (possibly including the players) not with huge confidence. If he does cling on and turn this around, it will be a near-miracle.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bloody joke him and Jones are still here...The tactics are dire and 2 wins all season is pathetic.Christ im shocked he's still here and even more shocked that our board are backing the useless management team.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Going by his interview in the Argus the other day I reckon lose tonight and he's gone, I got the impression not all the board are backing him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would hope so, but have my doubts.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Seagull over Canaryland, KZN Seagull and Tooting Gull have it best.
Unlike just about everybody else on this board, I haven't completely turned against Hyypia. Things are obviously coming to a head. I did think the board would give him until the end of the month, expecting two or three victories in December as an absolute minimum. After Derby's team -- and especially midfield -- selection, I now think tonight's game will be one that decides his future. And, to tweak Bozza's question, I think if we don't win tonight, then that'll be it for Hyypia. If we do, then he needs to get at least one win -- and probably two -- out of the Wolves, Reading and Fulham games to see himself into the new year.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think he should have been sacked already, 1 win in 16 or 1 win in 17 is relegation form as is 2 wins in 17 if we win tonight.

Lose tonight the board and Hyppia will be under immense pressure and he should be sacked.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
If we lose tonight, we would have played 21 games. Is this not enough games? Sorry but it's a change of manager that is needed.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
I think he will be unemployed as of tomorrow morning if we lose tonight, new man in charge for the christmas run in but Burke still pulling the strings on the transfer front...

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Yes he will. The reaction of the crowd if we lose will (and must) rattle Bloom, if the empty seats will not have already done just that.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
You'd ****ing hope so, losing to one of our relegation rivals at home.

But he'll probably still be here in May as we prepare for our promotion push...

...in league one

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Poll after Poll after Poll after Poll of near unanimity. I get the same from all Non-Social Media Albion types that I speak to. Sami asking for the crowd to lay off him and his team tonight is mere misdirection. Actually Sami, it is time for YOU to deliver end of.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's all about the fear of losing shed loads of season ticket holders. If Sami hasn't gained the supporters trust and enthusiasm by the end of January he will be replaced.
The club will need to provide supporters with belief and confidence a few weeks before the season ticket renewals are delivered.
Supporters are now realising that it's easy to buy tickets on a match by match basis without shelling out around £600.
A manager that engages with supporters and shows passion will be need. Perhaps Sherwood or McDermott might be the answer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here