Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we had got promoted, how do you think we'd be doing in the Premier League?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't hold with this view that Gus would have gone anyway. ...I can't see why Gus would have resigned without another club to go to,

i think some are forgetting that he was dismissed for gross misconduct. the circumstances around that didnt suddenly occur on the evening of our last game, we have to conclude that Gus would have left anyway (otherwise the grounds for the dismissal wouldnt have stood up).

thats about the only certainty. comparing to Palace's plight is ridiculous as so many factors would have been different. different manager, different players in and out, different styles, different fixtures, different injuries...

the squad was/is decent but we'd needed strengthening. i bleieve we'd have been prepared and had a list of targets to spend the £££ wisely. we could potentially had a very good side, i dont think we'd be in the bottom 3 for that reason.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
i think some are forgetting that he was dismissed for gross misconduct. the circumstances around that didnt suddenly occur on the evening of our last game, we have to conclude that Gus would have left anyway (otherwise the grounds for the dismissal wouldnt have stood up).

thats about the only certainty. comparing to Palace's plight is ridiculous as so many factors would have been different. different manager, different players in and out, different styles, different fixtures, different injuries...

the squad was/is decent but we'd needed strengthening. i bleieve we'd have been prepared and had a list of targets to spend the £££ wisely. we could potentially had a very good side, i dont think we'd be in the bottom 3 for that reason.

Not necessarily. The LMA's statement wasn't that Gus didn't do what he was accused of, but that what he was accused of didn't, in their opinion, constitute "gross misconduct". In his appearance on Sunday Extra he seemed to be concerned with the label of "gross misconduct".

I wouldn't be surprised if what he did was only technically gross misconduct. Like stealing pens from the stationary cupboard. Most of the time bosses turn a blind eye, but if they want to get rid of you they are technically within their rights to use it.

If that is the case, then that he was fired for gross misconduct is more about how it ended in the circumstances that we had and not a guarantee that it would have happened that way in other hypothetical situations.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Slightly poor argument, as the Palace chairman is a lifelong and he gave them plenty of money. They just happened to spend it all on shit, which is their choice.

Just like Parish did?

I dont think that Parrish and Holowhead spent the money that they did wisely and that TB would have been a lot more astute in his spending and buying of players. It appears that they were very reckless and were more interested in the financial rewards than obtaining safety in the division and it s in this aspect that TB would have made better preperation for us to stay up..

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Assuming we ad had the same fixtures as Palace, I would take a guess at about 8 points.

Beat Sunderland and Fulham at home, and draws with WBA and Stoke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here