Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we get to Wembley, does anyone know how many tickets

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What I would like an indication of is what the prices are likely to be! Still, getting ahead of ourselves here.

Last season...

Category 1 £100
Category 2 £78
Category 3 £66
Category 4 £54
Category 5 £38

Over 65s and Under 16s were half price.

My ideal seat would be at the front of the Upper Tier, as close to the half way line as possible.

Amazing view, yet nice and close to the other supporters for banter.

Any idea what price bracket this would be? Assuming 2 or 3? Maybe Cat 1 is available middle tier that's not club wembley?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's got to be one each given we have c22k season ticket holders currently, but you'd hope that...

1. It's done on loyalty points.
2. The club set an initial loyalty points threshold such that the number of fans that qualify equals the number of tickets issued. So, if we have 35,000 in the first instance, they set the threshold at 70 points (or whatever) so that our 35,000 most attending fans are guaranteed a ticket.
3. It only gets open up to general sale when everyone who has loyalty points has had an opportunity to buy.

i would insert a condition between 2 and 3, that you have been to a game in the last year. thats the current arrange for high profile tickets at Amex. they have a decent system in place now, those who go to the occassional game will be ahead of the glory hunters.

D

Deleted member 18477

ST holders 2012/13
ST holders 2013/14 & loyalty points above (insert number)
Loyalty points below (insert number)
Anyone with purchase history in last 3 years or something
General Sale

.... i'd imagine something similar to that. certainly not the same as it was in Cardiff 2004 where nearly everyone queued outside the shop in brighton for hours.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
I missed that bit as I skimmed it, but it doesn't change my sentiment. Those who come to the Amex regularly should have preference over those who don't. It's just the way it should be.

I generally agree with your sentiment Bozza, but imagine there'll be some fans who do regularly go to the Amex and who may miss out. To explain, as well as my own ticket I have 2 junior ones which I share equally between my 3 children. I can't stretch to one each. Paul Barber in a recent interview acknowledged that a number of families do exactly this. I realise it can't be put in place in time for the playoffs but perhaps in the future the club could consider how to recognise and include this scenario for tickets for big one-off games away from the Amex.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
People who don't have season tickets will be forking our like £70 per ticket. Expect the whole of cheapest two categories will be gone to season ticket holders.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Common sense would dictate that it would be handled in the manner Bozza says, if we get there. The club have put considerable time and effort into their loyalty scheme. I'd think more or less all 22,000 tickets will be snapped up, then they'll go down the loyalty point route Bozza has suggested.

Where there might be more of an issue is for people wanting to sit next to those with fewer loyalty points or day trippers. There will be plenty who fancy a day out but next to season ticket holding friends. I'm not sure there is much the club can do about this, short of implementing some complicated buy-back scheme where Wembley tickets already bought can be exchanged for seats nearer people who have had to wait before buying theirs.
No, it'll be done by loyalty points from the start - season tickets won't come into it (except for the fact that people with season tickets will obviously have more loyalty points).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
ST holders 2012/13
ST holders 2013/14 & loyalty points above (insert number)
Loyalty points below (insert number)
Anyone with purchase history in last 3 years or something
General Sale

.... i'd imagine something similar to that. certainly not the same as it was in Cardiff 2004 where nearly everyone queued outside the shop in brighton for hours.
The whole point in the loyalty points is to incorporate everything else so there's no need to have all these stages.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
People who don't have season tickets will be forking our like £70 per ticket. Expect the whole of cheapest two categories will be gone to season ticket holders.

I'm a STH and I'll be getting the best seats possible. These days don't come often, so there's no way I'm going for the cheap seats in the gods

I just hope they go on sale one evening and not 9am

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm a STH and I'll be getting the best seats possible. These days don't come often, so there's no way I'm going for the cheap seats in the gods

I just hope they go on sale one evening and not 9am

I think most people will think like you. For the Cardiff play off the best seats were bought first; all the unsold seats were the cheapest up in the 3rd tier.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I'd love to get brilliant seats, but I simply can't afford it (assuming [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s figures hold true for this year). Realistically I'll be going for one of the two cheapest tiers.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
No, it'll be done by loyalty points from the start - season tickets won't come into it (except for the fact that people with season tickets will obviously have more loyalty points).

Yes but the loyalty points needed would be something like 1000 rather than the 70 we have for the semi-final

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd love to get brilliant seats, but I simply can't afford it (assuming [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s figures hold true for this year). Realistically I'll be going for one of the two cheapest tiers.

To be honest I don't think their bad. I went with a couple of Huddersfield mates to their final last season behind the goal and it was really good. It would be awesome if loads of our singers were behind the goal.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
To be honest I don't think their bad. I went with a couple of Huddersfield mates to their final last season behind the goal and it was really good. It would be awesome if loads of our singers were behind the goal.

No, I imagine it's a case of not being as good as the expensive seats, rather than actually being bad seats. For example, they can't be as bad as the bad seats at Anfield.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I went a few years back with a Blackpool supporting mate to their play off final against Cardiff and I think we paid 70 quid for tickets in the SE portion of club wembley. Cracking seats.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes but the loyalty points needed would be something like 1000 rather than the 70 we have for the semi-final

I'd doubt it seeing as we're likely to get at least 35k tickets, and there won't be more than about 24k with >1000 loyalty points.

D

Deleted member 18477

The whole point in the loyalty points is to incorporate everything else so there's no need to have all these stages.

Yea usually I'd agree. But next seasons ST holders (the few of them) might have 0 loyalty points yet... But the club will def get them to wembley if we make it... Just like they have given them some sort of priority to buy tickets for the home semi final...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here