Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we don't pick up 3 points against Barnsley. Are you concerned......

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
It would appear that those who are concerned whether we are promoted this season are new supporters and did not experience our short stay in the top Division some years ago,we are not a Premiership standard side and are quite likely to loose several of our current side,Bridcutt,Bridges and our goalkeeper for example who would receive offers far above we could pay them,be satisfied for what we have and can afford.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Id be concerned as if we fail to win, then we have a challenge to get back in to the play-off places.

Our chances wouldnt be over though, especially with Leicester stuttering. Anything is possible.

As long as we finish in the top 8, im happy - then if we dont get into the play-offs this season, we mount a full scale assault next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would appear that those who are concerned whether we are promoted this season are new supporters and did not experience our short stay in the top Division some years ago,we are not a Premiership standard side and are quite likely to loose several of our current side,Bridcutt,Bridges and our goalkeeper for example who would receive offers far above we could pay them,be satisfied for what we have and can afford.

Not at all. I've been waiting nearly 30 years for the hurt of our relegation in 1983 to be put right. We blew it in 1991, and to a small extent last year.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Well not here and not amongst many I know, and I know the names of our GK and LB, neither of whom are at risk of leaving if we were to be promoted imo

I'd argue that any side promoted to the Prem is not of Premiership standard and if they stay there it's often about all or some of:

a) a large dose of good fortune
b) the fact that there are 3 teams that perform worse
c) shrewd summer signings

Time served in this league has little to do with Premiership survival, take it when the opportunity arises

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No it just means the pressure will be really on next year to DELIVER.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think you will find that Brighton managed to stay in the top flight for 4 years 1979-1983 incuding the 1983 FA cup final 1983 which probably was a big reason why the club went down that season, not realy a short stay compared to a lot of clubs.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
You have failed to mention that as a result of our short stay in the top flight we almost dropped out of the league and were in a serious financial situation,no way would i want to be in that situation again

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
You have failed to mention that as a result of our short stay in the top flight we almost dropped out of the league and were in a serious financial situation,no way would i want to be in that situation again

That would never be the case now as a result of parachute payments. If anything the club will be financially better off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here