Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we don't pick up 3 points against Barnsley. Are you concerned......

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A win would not provide me with any more assurance of us finishing in the playoffs than a draw would.
A loss would be a concern though as it would be another worrying example of failing to take opportunities .

The key results for me are the games against - Palace -Forest -Leicester - Middlesborough.
0 losses from these 4 games is key to putting us in the playoffs. IMO

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Disagree. All bets are off once you are in the play offs. They are insane - there is no logic to the playoffs. Case in point, 2004, Brighton were awful in all three play off games (two v Swindon, and the final v Bristol C), and yet we ended up going up - somehow. The better sides do not necessarily win the play offs. Its all about being there, and then just riding the ride to see what happens. If we get in the top six, anything can happen. Weve seen it time and time again.

We had a good defence that season,hard to beat,bit like now.

Look at palace that year for what can be achieved too.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
This season is such a mirror image of last season we dragged ourselves into the play offs last Season with 10 games to go then crumbled with no wins in 8 games , the rot started last season on st Patrick's day with the deafeat away to Blackpool 3-1 this st Patrick's we play Palace make up your own conclusions but I think I know what's gonna happen

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This season is such a mirror image of last season we dragged ourselves into the play offs last Season with 10 games to go then crumbled with no wins in 8 games , the rot started last season on st Patrick's day with the deafeat away to Blackpool 3-1 this st Patrick's we play Palace make up your own conclusions but I think I know what's gonna happen

know what you mean mate........barnsley will be battling like F and if we aren't up for it we will get beat again and then we are fookt.....imho

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
know what you mean mate........barnsley will be battling like F and if we aren't up for it we will get beat again and then we are fookt.....imho

Hope I'm wrong but can see the Barnsley game being a 0-0 draw then we'll get the players were tired & jaded after 3 away games in 7 days then onto the Palace game low in confidence and the pressure on Playing against I'm sorry & sad to yes a very good Palace side

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Nope. Depending on results next weekend, a win against Palace could put us back in the top 6 anyway.

The play-off places will not be resolved before the final game of the season.

The only firm predictions I can make at the moment are that we will beat Barnsley and Peterborough, draw against Middlesbrough, and lose to Palace.

The rest are up for grabs. A playoff position still beckons, though.

Dec 29, 2011
I would be concerned, not because we're out of the playoffs but because if we struggle to beat Barnsley we are going to struggle even more to beat Palace, Leicester and Forest.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The only firm predictions I can make at the moment are that we will beat Barnsley and Peterborough, draw against Middlesbrough, and lose to Palace.

The rest are up for grabs. A playoff position still beckons, though.

I did the BBC predictor,had us finishing in 5th on 75 points losing to Barnsley,a 2-1 win v Peterborough,1-0 defeat at Middlesborough and a 3-2 victory over Palace

with 6 games to go we would have slipped to 8th

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Will be over if we lose.

No chance of winning at forest, boro or Leeds. Would have to win all games aside from them!

I have down as losing at Forest 1-0 and by the same score at Boro and wining at Leeds 2-1 all this after being 8th with 6 games to go.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yes. 100% yes.

That wouldn't be the end of the world as we know it but it would be the end of the playoff dream.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Seems like the general belief is we will need 75 points and if we can't pick 3 up against Barnsley it's difficult to see where we would get another 19 from. Don't really want last season all over again. We don't have to win everything but these ones are "musts" I think

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes but only because of the last couple of dissapointing results. If we didn't win there and it was mid-season it would hardly be panic stations, but now we're slipping behind and need to take advantage of Leicester's abysmal form

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
We were terrible at Bristol City and gained a point, but did everthing right at Bolton with twenty-one goal attamptes and all we did wrong was to fail to put the ball in the net.

We simply have to score first and the rest will follow at Barnsley.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its not over until the morbidly obese female sings.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we don't beat Barnsley, we'll probably have to win at Forest, which I can't see us doing :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here