Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we didn't pick up another point this season...

If we didn't pick up another point this season, would we be safe?

• Yes we would

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • No we wouldn't

Votes: 62 57.4%

• Total voters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If we don't get another point, as others have said, that means that Wigan have beaten us. They would then need 8 points from:

M'boro - A
Derby - H
Fulham - A
Millwall - H
Wolves - H
Brentford - A

They could possibly win the Fulham and Millwall games, so that would leave just 2 more points. Squeaky bum time, and I think they could just do it.

So in answer to the original question, no I do not think no more points would keep us up.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
A draw at Wigan and a home win against Huddersfield will be plenty to stay up, but as I read on here earlier on the season, we would want to finish mid-table and use it as a springboard into next season. Any dealings over the summer will be a lot easier when we finish 14th rather then 20th.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looking at it, I'd say we are already safe now.

Wigan wont get anything from the next 2: boro and derby. They then need to make 10 points up in 5 games, not gonna happen.

Oh I don't know. I reckon many teams would fancy their chances against Derby at the moment. And Middlesbrough just got stiffed by a fellow promotion candidate (& the referee) so they might be a bit twitchy. Should still beat Wigan of course, but the Latics have a decent away record recently.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This. If you offered me a handsome 4-0 win over them or- bearing in mind last season- an edgy 1-0 victory, courtesy of the worst penalty decision you have ever, ever seen, I honestly think I might take the 1-0.

Ideally, when I think about Hoops' decision at the Amex last year, and also that shambles of a decision they got at Withdean in 2011, I'd want that penalty to result from a lovely, perfect, 97th minute, clean challenge by a Bournemouth defender, which occurred at least three yards outside the box. And where nobody in the ground even appeals for it. And then the defender gets booked for the foul, as do several others of theirs for arguing with the laughably terrible decision. I like my karma to be full-on.

Yeah. I'm still bitter :lolol:

Yes, yes, yes.......

Can we also add that three of their defenders then throw punches at our innocent players, all getting sent off and banned for 3 games for violent conduct. This is then appealed by AFCB and the FA increase the ban's to a 4th game....... Thus missing the play-off's, where they lose home and away.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Remaining games are all pretty meaningless tho eh?

Disagree. Given that we still have Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford and Boro I'd say that those games are not meaningless at all. It actually gives the players a real test against highly motivated promotion chasers. Given that we are likely to be busy in the summer I suspect a fair few players will be playing for their jobs as our season heads to its conclusion. Chuck in the Wigan and Rotherham relegation games it should actually be a lot more interesting than you would otherwise expect.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
If we don't pick up another point this season, you'll take away the biggest part of me, oo oo ooo oo oo baby please don't go!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here