Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we didn't pick up another point this season...

If we didn't pick up another point this season, would we be safe?

• Yes we would

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • No we wouldn't

Votes: 62 57.4%

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No - let's make sure we're mathematically safe, shall we?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces after we've beaten Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich and Middlesbrough.

Granted I might be waiting a few years before this happens but it'll be worth it.

Nah, it won't be that far away - I did it on Fifa the other day. :lolol:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I am almost certain 45 points is enough to stay up this season.

Wigan have 35 points from 39 games, what makes anyone think they will suddenly get 11 points from their last 7?

3 more points and it's absolutely all over, but I think 45 is probably enough.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I said 45 points would be enough and I have not seen anything to change my mind although I would love a few more points to avoid the tension.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Answer is no because of the lower teams we would lose to (Wigan mainly). I'd be happy with a good fight against Norwich but losing to what is a better team, Pretty certain CH will go for, and get, victory at Rotherham & Wigan. 6 points would be enough. Home season finale against Watford will be a big party ready for next season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I reckon we'd stay up. Even if you asked the most optimistic Wigan supporter about their prospects in their next two games I doubt they could envisage winning either of them. Millwall have been performing better since Holloway got the boot but surrendering a two goal lead in the final 5 minutes will be a knockout blow methinks.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think we are 90% safe. I'm pretty sure that Brighton won their last four games to stay up in the old first divsion back in 1981 but we should be OK. Another win would definitely seal it for us.

I would be more concerned if I was Rotherham. Realistically they are the probably the only team that Wigan can overhaul. It's 3 from 4 .... probably.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
- preferably with a very dodgy penalty

This. If you offered me a handsome 4-0 win over them or- bearing in mind last season- an edgy 1-0 victory, courtesy of the worst penalty decision you have ever, ever seen, I honestly think I might take the 1-0.

Ideally, when I think about Hoops' decision at the Amex last year, and also that shambles of a decision they got at Withdean in 2011, I'd want that penalty to result from a lovely, perfect, 97th minute, clean challenge by a Bournemouth defender, which occurred at least three yards outside the box. And where nobody in the ground even appeals for it. And then the defender gets booked for the foul, as do several others of theirs for arguing with the laughably terrible decision. I like my karma to be full-on.

Yeah. I'm still bitter :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is getting tiresome! It's WHEEL! WHEEL loose!

Weir lost.

a8d08f9407a878714de9c53a05dbfdce.jpg

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This. If you offered me a handsome 4-0 win over them or- bearing in mind last season- an edgy 1-0 victory, courtesy of the worst penalty decision you have ever, ever seen, I honestly think I might take the 1-0.

Ideally, when I think about Hoops' decision at the Amex last year, and also that shambles of a decision they got at Withdean in 2011, I'd want that penalty to result from a lovely, perfect, 97th minute, clean challenge by a Bournemouth defender, which occurred at least three yards outside the box. And where nobody in the ground even appeals for it. And then the defender gets booked for the foul, as do several others of theirs for arguing with the laughably terrible decision. I like my karma to be full-on.

Yeah. I'm still bitter :lolol:

I like the scenario - would make for a great weekend of big cheesy grin

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Possibly not as it means Wigan and Rotherham both beat us. If we beat either of those (both ideally) then I'd say we're likely to be safe.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
We need at least 50 to be safe.
Beat Huddersfield and one of Wigan/Rotherham with probably an unlikely win against one of the promotion chasers thrown in for good measure.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Looking at it, I'd say we are already safe now.

Wigan wont get anything from the next 2: boro and derby. They then need to make 10 points up in 5 games, not gonna happen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are pretty much safe, but the one thing we don't want is to be going into the Watford and Middlesbrough games less than 6 points clear.

Let's just have a good Easter, and then beat Bournemouth and Huddersfield at home.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
People looking at points over the course of the season, this goes completely out of the window in a relegation run in, even more so in the Championship, Points can come from anywhere, Wigan could easily gain 11 points in there 7 games andit would be a 6 point swing if they beat us.

Minimum for us would be draws against Wigan and Rotherham.

Hopefully we smash Norwich across the park next friday and Chris gives the flying V to his old club.

Also losing the next 7 games would damage our GD at best it would drop to -10 however a couple of 2/3-0s we could see it shooting up to -15/-16/-17 not ideal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here