Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If things don't get resolved before the start of the season...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm under the impression painter is not having his contract renewed, I.e. he's technically still ours until the end of the month.

Its a bit pointless mentioning him and Dicker but then leaving out Vicente who has also gone on holiday and won't be returning.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Great. So that's a Line up (based on current players - contracts don't expire until end of the mont) of:

Kuszczak in goal
Calde at right back, because he earned last season when bruno didn't play, and really, other than a hot start bruno wasn't that good. Bruno at right back, because he is so much better than Calde and only underperformed because of injury.

Our centre back pair will be the local duo of Dunk and El Abd. With his court troubles behind him, Dunk is ready to get back to the form that had people worried a prem team would snap him up, and El Abd has just improved immensely, and greer is just error prone. Our centre back pair will be Greer and Dunk. Greer is immense and has been on form all season, never putting a foot wrong, and Dunk will benefit from playing beside a seasoned pro. Our centre back pair will be Greer and El Abd. Dunk has a lot of potential, but these our our two senior centre backs and should be first choice, if fit.

Left back will be ben sampayo. We need to be bringing through our young players. Painter is our only choice as left back.

Midfield is where it gets interesting. Oviously, Bridcutt plays.

On the left we need to put Orlandi, Lualua is too inconsistent and is best used as an impact sub. We need the pace and creativity of Lualua, the man is a genius, never has a bad game and I don't understand why he didn't get more starts under gus. With Painter (or Sampayo) in the left back position, he needs protection, so it has to be Ashley Barnes.

On the right, it has to be Buckley we need his pace. We need the skill and creativity of David Lopez out right. He also brings set piece delivery, his free kicks and penalties have been superb.

If we have Lualua and Buckley on the wing, we should have added defensive midfielders to cover when they push forward, so we need to put dicker in there. But so help me, we need to keep dicker away from this team.

As an attacking midfielder it has to be Andrew Crofts. It's about time we brought in some youth, I really don't understand why gus didn't use him, but now we're in charge it's time to put Jake Forster Caskey into the team. We need to use Lopez through the middle where he most wants to play. Orlandi is more of a central player, I don't why gus played him out wide, but we're putting him in the middle as an attacking midfielder.

No one plays 442 anymore, we need three attacking players, let's have buckley, Ulloa and CMS up front, fluid each reading the game and moving left, central or right as they need. But, if we play three up front, it should be Barnes, Ulloa and CMS to give us a good mix of qualities. There is no way barnes should be near the team, we need a top three of hoskins, Ulloa, and can we get dobbie back? We need a good old-fashioned two up top with Ulloa and CMS. But if we play two up top it should be Ullo and Barnes - they link so well. We need to give Hoskins a go, I'd like to see him and Ulloa. Can we squeeze Agdestein in?

I think you'll find Painter has gone.

It won't come to this scenario. TB will not risk his investment or his and his family's long term association with the club. A resolution will be found.

Just think we have around 2 months if mystery, intrigue and strange postings 'til the season begins!

Happy holidays chaps

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Its a bit pointless mentioning him and Dicker but then leaving out Vicente who has also gone on holiday and won't be returning.

I was assuming he'd be injured. Or that's my excuse for forgetting to include him.

I think you'll find Painter has gone.

It won't come to this scenario. TB will not risk his investment or his and his family's long term association with the club. A resolution will be found.

Just think we have around 2 months if mystery, intrigue and strange postings 'til the season begins!

Happy holidays chaps

Oh thank god. I was genuinely worried Tony might put a committee of NSC users in charge of picking the team, and that we'd be allowed to play 22 players.

(see my last post regarding painter).

Viva Calderon

Apr 29, 2010
The thing for Gus to Do (If he really want's to go) is to buy himself out of his Contract.

I think that it would be the worst thing ever, to even consider Harry Redknapp as manager of this Club.:bhasign:.

Plus, the best thing for Gus to Do (If he really want's to go), is to buy himself out of his Contract for aprox £2.5 million then he will be a free agent to go where ever he wants to and can negotiate his own deal with whoever. Then we can all thank him for all he has done for club and wish him well in his new Job, so everyone can get on with life at the AMEX. The main thing for this Club :bhasign:, My Club, The club that I have suported for about 50 years +/- :bhasign: is to get this sorted out as quickly as possible. There are obvious serious issues surounding Gus, Tanno & Charlie, some of which we as fans may never know. I don't want to see all the had work of the Amex & the team building etc, etc of the past couple of seasons be wasted.

So I would say as a Loyal BHA :bhasign: suporter, to Tony Bloom, Gus Poyet, Tanno & Charlie and the Board of Directors, Please sit down around a Table and sort this mess out as soon as possible so we will be ready for the forthcoming season otherwise we will lbe fighting relegation Not an automatic promotion place. We the Loyal :bhasign: fans Season ticket holders, etc, etc deserve better than this !! and Finally We were beaten fairly and squarly 2 - 0 in the playoff final by a better Palace team on the night and they beat Watford in the Final 1 - 0 in my book that makes them deserved winners to be promoted to the Premier league, at least we won't have to play them twice next season and who knows we just might get Promoted next season and play them in the Prem the following season!!
:bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here