Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If things don't get resolved before the start of the season...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not sure you understand, you cannot employ somebody into a post that somebody else is employed in already. If Gus is still in place albeit suspended, we cannot just simply get Redknapp in. I think it may be unlawful. Imagine if you had been suspended from your job. You would be pissed if your employer got a replacement in to do your duties would you not?

No, it's you that doesn't understand. Nothing at all to stop the employer taking on a 'temporary' replacement.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Not sure you understand, you cannot employ somebody into a post that somebody else is employed in already. If Gus is still in place albeit suspended, we cannot just simply get Redknapp in. I think it may be unlawful. Imagine if you had been suspended from your job. You would be pissed if your employer got a replacement in to do your duties would you not?

Have you rung Tony to tell him? Just to waste another minute of your time?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Committee formed of everyone on NSC is the way forward.

Great. So that's a Line up (based on current players - contracts don't expire until end of the mont) of:

Kuszczak in goal
Calde at right back, because he earned last season when bruno didn't play, and really, other than a hot start bruno wasn't that good. Bruno at right back, because he is so much better than Calde and only underperformed because of injury.

Our centre back pair will be the local duo of Dunk and El Abd. With his court troubles behind him, Dunk is ready to get back to the form that had people worried a prem team would snap him up, and El Abd has just improved immensely, and greer is just error prone. Our centre back pair will be Greer and Dunk. Greer is immense and has been on form all season, never putting a foot wrong, and Dunk will benefit from playing beside a seasoned pro. Our centre back pair will be Greer and El Abd. Dunk has a lot of potential, but these our our two senior centre backs and should be first choice, if fit.

Left back will be ben sampayo. We need to be bringing through our young players. Painter is our only choice as left back.

Midfield is where it gets interesting. Oviously, Bridcutt plays.

On the left we need to put Orlandi, Lualua is too inconsistent and is best used as an impact sub. We need the pace and creativity of Lualua, the man is a genius, never has a bad game and I don't understand why he didn't get more starts under gus. With Painter (or Sampayo) in the left back position, he needs protection, so it has to be Ashley Barnes.

On the right, it has to be Buckley we need his pace. We need the skill and creativity of David Lopez out right. He also brings set piece delivery, his free kicks and penalties have been superb.

If we have Lualua and Buckley on the wing, we should have added defensive midfielders to cover when they push forward, so we need to put dicker in there. But so help me, we need to keep dicker away from this team.

As an attacking midfielder it has to be Andrew Crofts. It's about time we brought in some youth, I really don't understand why gus didn't use him, but now we're in charge it's time to put Jake Forster Caskey into the team. We need to use Lopez through the middle where he most wants to play. Orlandi is more of a central player, I don't why gus played him out wide, but we're putting him in the middle as an attacking midfielder.

No one plays 442 anymore, we need three attacking players, let's have buckley, Ulloa and CMS up front, fluid each reading the game and moving left, central or right as they need. But, if we play three up front, it should be Barnes, Ulloa and CMS to give us a good mix of qualities. There is no way barnes should be near the team, we need a top three of hoskins, Ulloa, and can we get dobbie back? We need a good old-fashioned two up top with Ulloa and CMS. But if we play two up top it should be Ullo and Barnes - they link so well. We need to give Hoskins a go, I'd like to see him and Ulloa. Can we squeeze Agdestein in?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No, it's you that doesn't understand. Nothing at all to stop the employer taking on a 'temporary' replacement.
No, that is exactly what they can't do. Currently there is no-one and nothing to replace, as Gus is still the manager - suspension notwithstanding

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Great. So that's a Line up (based on current players - contracts don't expire until end of the mont) of:

Kuszczak in goal
Calde at right back, because he earned last season when bruno didn't play, and really, other than a hot start bruno wasn't that good. Bruno at right back, because he is so much better than Calde and only underperformed because of injury.

Our centre back pair will be the local duo of Dunk and El Abd. With his court troubles behind him, Dunk is ready to get back to the form that had people worried a prem team would snap him up, and El Abd has just improved immensely, and greer is just error prone. Our centre back pair will be Greer and Dunk. Greer is immense and has been on form all season, never putting a foot wrong, and Dunk will benefit from playing beside a seasoned pro. Our centre back pair will be Greer and El Abd. Dunk has a lot of potential, but these our our two senior centre backs and should be first choice, if fit.

Left back will be ben sampayo. We need to be bringing through our young players. Painter is our only choice as left back.

On the left we need to put Orlandi, Lualua is too inconsistent and is best used as an impact sub. We need the pace and creativity of Lualua, the man is a genius, never has a bad game and I don't understand why he didn't get more starts under gus. With Painter (or Sampayo) in the left back position, he needs protection, so it has to be Ashley Barnes.

On the right, it has to be Buckley we need his pace. We need the skill and creativity of David Lopez out right. He also brings set piece delivery, his free kicks and penalties have been superb.

If we have Lualua and Buckley on the wing, we should have added defensive midfielders to cover when they push forward, so we need to put dicker in there. But so help me, we need to keep dicker away from this team.

As an attacking midfielder it has to be Andrew Crofts. It's about time we brought in some youth, I really don't understand why gus didn't use him, but now we're in charge it's time to put Jake Forster Caskey into the team. We need to use Lopez through the middle where he most wants to play. Orlandi is more of a central player, I don't why gus played him out wide, but we're putting him in the middle as an attacking midfielder.

No one plays 442 anymore, we need three attacking players, let's have buckley, Ulloa and CMS up front, fluid each reading the game and moving left, central or right as they need. But, if we play three up front, it should be Barnes, Ulloa and CMS to give us a good mix of qualities. There is no way barnes should be near the team, we need a top three of hoskins, Ulloa, and can we get dobbie back? We need a good old-fashioned two up top with Ulloa and CMS. But if we play two up top it should be Ullo and Barnes - they link so well. We need to give Hoskins a go, I'd like to see him and Ulloa. Can we squeeze Agdestein in?
A formation of 1 - 0 - 0 - 235.Get IN. Automatic promotion a certainty.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No, that is exactly what they can't do. Currently there is no-one and nothing to replace, as Gus is still the manager - suspension notwithstanding

Of course they can give somebody his responsibilities, on a temporary basis. They might be careful with that person's job title, though.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

Kuszczak in goal

Although we've never met, I think I love you

Kuszczak in goal

We will walk the Championship with that side provided no one counts how many we have on the pitch.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Pretty certain if it's a key employee that is suspended an organisation has a legal right to be able to employ someone to carry out their duties in the interim.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I guess there's nothing to stop us bringing in a new member of the coaching set up and then putting him in temporary charge of first team affairs?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
you could just put gus on gardening leave, meaning although you will have to continue to meet the terms of his contract you can recruit to replace, but whilst on suspension any attempt to replace could leave you with a costly court case for pre judging the outcome. might even be a problem if you recruit and change title, you would need to be careful with job roles. it could be used if needed but costly as paying 2 sets of staff.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Kuszczak in goal

Painter has been released , apart from Calderon playing at LB we have Maksimenko if he is good enough for the 1st team.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Painter has been released , apart from Calderon playing at LB we have Maksimenko if he is good enough for the 1st team.

I'm under the impression painter is not having his contract renewed, I.e. he's technically still ours until the end of the month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here