Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 28 6.0%

• Total voters

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Voted Other. Trying to think of creative ways to spoil my ballot. Sadly zero point in voting against the incumbent in a non-marginal without PR.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I don’t care what you believe. Live in Bearsden, grew up in North Berwick, went to uni in Edinburgh, did masters at Strathclyde.

Rangers fan, is that the best you can do??? Pathetic.

Much better position than rest of the UK? Absolute nonsense. Education, once something Scotland excelled at has been trashed, all independent UK and international rankings say so. SNHS in terminal decline and SNP missing every one of their own targets. Failed policy after failed policy (named person, DRS, gender reform, rent controls) Even this week they have announced they will miss their own climate targets.

Drug deaths up, alcohol related deaths up, life expectancy down, shambolic approach to tax and corruption on a scale to make the Tories embarrassed. I assume you saw the news on Peter Murrell today?

Fortunately they are in the way out. A Scottish Labour govt working in partnership with a UK Labour govt will reset 16 years of failure. And neither of us will see Scotland independent in our lifetime.

The NHS is Scotland is the best performing of all of them. Channel 4 news.

The “failed policies” like the Gender reform bill was passed by people from all parties on the parliament so it’s a responsibility that they all have Gender Reform bill Vote, Scottish Parliament, it’s also a policy that’s successfully implemented in Europe, such as Ireland Gender Reform Act - Ireland

Some of those policies were also excellent. The Deposit return scheme is in place in European countries (Germany has it for example and it works really well (Deutsche Welle) and given the state that people leave parks etc in here, it should have been brought in. It only wasn’t because companies here started crying about lost profits and Westminster blocking the proposals because we also wanted to include glass (BBC News).

The rent controls up here are excellent as well, tenants have strong rights and deposits are protected - it is very far from a failed policy. It’s largely said to be so by landlords, who miss being able to raise rents by significant figures and withhold deposits whenever they like.

The safe deposit scheme is excellent and rent rises are up to 3% so you are still seeing a rise, roughly in line with wages rises.

The Scottish Government have been fighting Westminster for years now because they kept blocking the safe consumption rooms policy, and the efforts being put in to tackle the Drugs problems. We have.its finally got the go ahead though BBC News it’s also worth noting the article also shows that the problem is really bad across the whole of the UK, and that Scotlands rate of drugs related deaths have actually fallen by 20%.

So all lot of the failures you claim actually are not failures, and some of the policies you rubbish were actually excellent ideas held back by corporations and Westminster.

What you should be asking yourself is why positive changes in Scotland that the Greens and SNP try to bring in, and ones successfully in place in other European countries, being stopped by others?

I’ll add that I hate online political arguments so I am going to leave this here. You vote for who you want, I’ll vote for who I want. Given the Tories exist in the world, everything that happens in Scotland pales into comparison when schemes such as Rwanda, the treatment of Migrants, the overall running down of the NHS, the fraudulent funnelling of billions of our tax money to their friends (which is never investigated); all exist.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The “failed policies” like the Gender reform bill was passed by people from all parties on the parliament so it’s a responsibility that they all have Gender Reform bill Vote, Scottish Parliament, it’s also a policy that’s successfully implemented in Europe, such as Ireland Gender Reform Act - Ireland

Some of those policies were also excellent. The Deposit return scheme is in place in European countries (Germany has it for example and it works really well (Deutsche Welle) and given the state that people leave parks etc in here, it should have been brought in. It only wasn’t because companies here started crying about lost profits and Westminster blocking the proposals because we also wanted to include glass (BBC News).

The rent controls up here are excellent as well, tenants have strong rights and deposits are protected - it is very far from a failed policy. It’s largely said to be so by landlords, who miss being able to raise rents by significant figures and withhold deposits whenever they like.

The safe deposit scheme is excellent and rent rises are up to 3% so you are still seeing a rise, roughly in line with wages rises.

The Scottish Government have been fighting Westminster for years now because they kept blocking the safe consumption rooms policy, and the efforts being put in to tackle the Drugs problems. We have.its finally got the go ahead though BBC News it’s also worth noting the article also shows that the problem is really bad across the whole of the UK, and that Scotlands rate of drugs related deaths have actually fallen by 20%.

So all lot of the failures you claim actually are not failures, and some of the policies you rubbish were actually excellent ideas held back by corporations and Westminster.

What you should be asking yourself is why positive changes in Scotland that the Greens and SNP try to bring in, and ones successfully in place in other European countries, being stopped by others?

I’ll add that I hate online political arguments so I am going to leave this here. You vote for who you want, I’ll vote for who I want. Given the Tories exist in the world, everything that happens in Scotland pales into comparison when schemes such as Rwanda, the treatment of Migrants, the overall running down of the NHS, the fraudulent funnelling of billions of our tax money to their friends (which is never investigated); all exist.

In boxing terms, this post would be called a hard upper-cut :lolol:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

I agree that online political arguments are somewhat pointless. We can agree to disagree and not subject fellow Brighton fans to our back and forth!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
In boxing terms, this post would be called a hard upper-cut :lolol:
A hard upper cut that completely missed its target maybe. What he/she has said is just factually incorrect in so many ways and can be disproven with a simple google search on pretty much any of the topics. However I agree with them that online political arguments never change minds and so we are going to leave it there.

Though this post of yours so nearly tipped me into writing a lengthy rebuttal…

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree that online political arguments are somewhat pointless. We can agree to disagree and not subject fellow Brighton fans to our back and forth!
I for one enjoy the back and forth, and it gives me some insight into Scottish politics.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Had a quite telling conversation with a very good friend yesterday.

20 years ago, as with most people when entering the Mortgage world, money was a bit tight, my mate was talking to a well known local Doctor with strong Albion connections and asked him, should he then aged 24 get private health insurance?

The Doctor said back then the NHS was the best free-health service in the world, it wasn’t necessary to incur extra monthly costs when not needed.

Sadly in 2024 would he have the same conversation?

Starmer has the biggest challenges since Clement Attlee, if not bigger.

NHS
Immigration
Law and Order

Not to mention the economic situation

Good luck Sir 👍

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don’t care what you believe. Live in Bearsden, grew up in North Berwick, went to uni in Edinburgh, did masters at Strathclyde.

Rangers fan, is that the best you can do??? Pathetic.

Much better position than rest of the UK? Absolute nonsense. Education, once something Scotland excelled at has been trashed, all independent UK and international rankings say so. SNHS in terminal decline and SNP missing every one of their own targets. Failed policy after failed policy (named person, DRS, gender reform, rent controls) Even this week they have announced they will miss their own climate targets.

Drug deaths up, alcohol related deaths up, life expectancy down, shambolic approach to tax and corruption on a scale to make the Tories embarrassed. I assume you saw the news on Peter Murrell today?

Fortunately they are in the way out. A Scottish Labour govt working in partnership with a UK Labour govt will reset 16 years of failure. And neither of us will see Scotland independent in our lifetime.
And to top it all off, you have to live in Scotland.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So you've now reverted to the 'they're all the same' position that seems to be becoming increasingly popular amongst certain sections of the electorate ?

Although extra points for including the cracker 'I’m increasingly of the view that our politicians don’t run the country, the civil service do' :laugh:

You've even got me starting to wonder if I'm being whooshed :wink:
The “they’re all the same” argument basically means “I’m a Tory voter and too ashamed to admit it”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seeing as i didn’t ask nor see the point of a PCC i wondered if its ok not bother voting in the PCC elections?
I agree, which is why I shall put I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS POSITION (I was jesting about the Albion but I might add that too)
Personally, I feel I cannot waste a vote because of the fight to get women votes in the first place.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The “they’re all the same” argument basically means “I’m a Tory voter and too ashamed to admit it”

To be fair, I don't think it's always been Tory and is a little more nuanced. I think it's traditionally 'It's become blindingly apparent that I've done something stupid, but if I claim that the outcome would have been the same whatever I did, it makes me seem less so', regardless of political leaning.

Although I'm guessing the last 14 years has tended to skew the numbers politically. I suspect from some of the posts on here that the traditional 'shy tories' would have voted Monster Raving or Other.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am working at the PCC count next month - if I spot any throbbing members I shall know who did it!
It would be great to get a summary of the spoiled ballots. I'm hoping the standard cock 'n balls, as found on pages of school textbooks in the 80s and 90s, is still going strong.

Nicks

I read today that Rachel Reeves of Labour is talking about making Pensioners pay National Insurance on their part time jobs and taxing Pensions even more if they get into power.
Which will appease the younger voters but seriously piss off us old buggers

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I read today that Rachel Reeves of Labour is talking about making Pensioners pay National Insurance on their part time jobs and taxing Pensions even more if they get into power.
I would drop my part time community bus service driving job instantly if this were to happen. Very counter productive as these sorts of jobs won't appeal to younger people.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I hope this isn't true, it sounds very ageist to do that. I thought labour would help us old folk. I think I may need to look at more of their policies before choosing whether to vote or not. I wouldn't want to put a nail in my coffin.

Jul 2, 2011
Firmly believe that the quality of leadership in politics is down to the quality of its opposition.

Anyone who thinks a labour government will be better is delusional. Mind you, we do seem to live in a country that prefers to promote incompetence rather than the best for the job at all levels.

The country needs an alternative… a smarter option for government. If you believe one of the other parties fits the bill for you then you should vote for that party irrespectively of how it would probably effect the final outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here