• Monster Raving

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 28 6.0%

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So you've now reverted to the 'they're all the same' position that seems to be becoming increasingly popular amongst certain sections of the electorate ?

Although extra points for including the cracker 'I’m increasingly of the view that our politicians don’t run the country, the civil service do' :laugh:

You've even got me starting to wonder if I'm being whooshed :wink:
It's a good one, isn't it? The current government have made such a f*** up of running the country since 2019 that they're trying to blame the civil service for their decisions and incompetence.

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
If we assume for the sake of discussion that labour win the election, how long after the election will it be before Reeves and/or Starmer apologises profusely that they cannot provide all the remedies they had promised because the "nations finances are worse than they thought"?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If we assume for the sake of discussion that labour win the election, how long after the election will it be before Reeves and/or Starmer apologises profusely that they cannot provide all the remedies they had promised because the "nations finances are worse than they thought"?
5 minutes

BTW whoever wins the election has to chose between increasing taxes or cutting public spending.....

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Lived in Scotland for 40 years, still do. know exactly what goes on. Scotland is more divided than at any time in those 40 years. Literally every political issue is determined along constitutional lines. The Greens are responsible for some of the most ridiculous and failed policies ever to go through Holyrood.

What the SNP have done to Scotland is unforgivable.

I don’t believe you since you sound like a copy of the Daily Mail talking about Scotland, rather than someone experiencing the place. Either that or a Rangers fan, since they sound pretty much the same. Did you love the Queen by any chance?

The bottom line is that we are in a much better position than the rest of the UK whether you like the SNP or not, because we at least have a party in the centre left worth voting for. The country is really not that divided, certainly much less divided than during either of the referendums as many people and that is the media rhetoric talking again there. You are ignoring that nearly 10 years have passed and much of that is in the background now.

Also the way the Scottish Parliament is made up allows all the parties to have a say on bills going through, even the much maligned bill on gender and self-ID was actually voted through by a cross-party consensus which even the handful of Tories agreed to. The Greens are well within their right to bring things forward but everyone is responsible for voting things through.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think that's actually one of the biggest issues at a GE. Probably best for voting purposes, you must assume all manifesto's are just idealism!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don’t believe you since you sound like a copy of the Daily Mail talking about Scotland, rather than someone experiencing the place. Either that or a Rangers fan, since they sound pretty much the same. Did you love the Queen by any chance?
Without knowing much about Scotland, I would say that your first line here absolutely backs up his point. I'm not sure what else you could have said to reinforce it more, to be honest :ROFLMAO:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Re 'spoiling my paper'.
I have voted LD in local council elections. But as you say, in a general election, voting LD or even Loony Party is a wasted vote. That said, Greens get in so something must work. With a non FPTP system I wonder how many MP's the green party would have?
In Lewes in 2019, the Tory got in with a majority under 2500, with the LibDem hot on her heels.

I will eat my hat if Lewes remains blue and can't see anyone other than the LibDems winning. Is that a wasted vote because the LibDems won't form the government?

1713446981339.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What are the current issues facing our country, as you see them, and how do you think they would be best solved?
Well, it's been about 27 hours since you posted this and as I predicted, neither @Ding Dong ! or @Is it PotG? have engaged with you and what appears to be a very reasonable question. How surprising.

Or not. People who come up with utter shit like "iF yOu thinK iTs bAd nOw tHeN just waTe uNtIL lABer aRe in" are always the ones who are too simple to articulate further, I do apologise for costing you a cheeky "like" though. I'm afraid I highlighted that this is all @Is it PotG? ever does. He got stroppy accusing me of abusing him but also seems to have neglected to give you a "like" in order to prove a point.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well, it's been about 27 hours since you posted this and as I predicted, neither @Ding Dong ! or @Is it PotG? have engaged with you and what appears to be a very reasonable question. How surprising.

Or not. People who come up with utter shit like "iF yOu thinK iTs bAd nOw tHeN just waTe uNtIL lABer aRe in" are always the ones who are too simple to articulate further, I do apologise for costing you a cheeky "like" though. I'm afraid I highlighted that this is all @Is it PotG? ever does. He got stroppy accusing me of abusing him but also seems to have neglected to give you a "like" in order to prove a point.
This is not difficult. What I think the areas for improvement are will be influenced by my view on politics. This, being different from yours, will provide nothing other than a target for derision, ridicule and criticism. Hence, it's probably best to leave it to the experts, of which there are many others on here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is not difficult. What I think the areas for improvement are will be influenced by my view on politics. This, being different from yours, will provide nothing other than a target for derision, ridicule and criticism. Hence, it's probably best to leave it to the experts, of which there are many others on here.
"This is not difficult". You're in no position to be talking down to me or anyone else. You've just totally ignored his question in response to your own ignorance.

You haven't said what the issues facing the country are, nor how they can best be solved. Go on? It's not difficult. You've had a whole day to think about it.

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
TBF, your opinion is that people who think that Labour are the solutiuon to undefined problems are deluded, so you have already targetted a significant proportion of your peers for derision, ridicule and criticism.

That really wasnt the point of my question though, i.e. to deride, ridicule or crticise. It was really to understand what the issues are that we currently face, that Labour cant solve, but presumably someone else can.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Without knowing much about Scotland, I would say that your first line here absolutely backs up his point. I'm not sure what else you could have said to reinforce it more, to be honest :ROFLMAO:

Ha ha I see what you mean but every country has people who disagree about its politics, absolutely no country doesn’t have some differences or disagreements. That doesn’t mean it’s “more deeply divided than in 40 years” this is about as much disagreement as you get up here these days.

if we were deeply divided you’d see it. There are no marches, protests or rallies, there are few especially vocal political commentators (not on the politics of Scotland anyway, and not where it’s not their job). It’s just something that’s commonly said to try and exaggerate the impact of the SNP but honestly, you can see by previous vote returns that it’s not really that true.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Given this current shower of shite, Labour should walk it, what they do then is a different matter...

Tories will always get in the South Downs of course!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

The bottom line is that we are in a much better position than the rest of the UK whether you like the SNP or not, because we at least have a party in the centre left worth voting for. The country is really not that divided, certainly much less divided than during either of the referendums as many people and that is the media rhetoric talking again there. You are ignoring that nearly 10 years have passed and much of that is in the background now.

Also the way the Scottish Parliament is made up allows all the parties to have a say on bills going through, even the much maligned bill on gender and self-ID was actually voted through by a cross-party consensus which even the handful of Tories agreed to. The Greens are well within their right to bring things forward but everyone is responsible for voting things through.
I don’t care what you believe. Live in Bearsden, grew up in North Berwick, went to uni in Edinburgh, did masters at Strathclyde.

Rangers fan, is that the best you can do??? Pathetic.

Much better position than rest of the UK? Absolute nonsense. Education, once something Scotland excelled at has been trashed, all independent UK and international rankings say so. SNHS in terminal decline and SNP missing every one of their own targets. Failed policy after failed policy (named person, DRS, gender reform, rent controls) Even this week they have announced they will miss their own climate targets.

Drug deaths up, alcohol related deaths up, life expectancy down, shambolic approach to tax and corruption on a scale to make the Tories embarrassed. I assume you saw the news on Peter Murrell today?

Fortunately they are in the way out. A Scottish Labour govt working in partnership with a UK Labour govt will reset 16 years of failure. And neither of us will see Scotland independent in our lifetime.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Where is the "plague on all their houses" option?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here