Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was one game in history you could attend.....

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
We had met some Villa fans at England away games previously and they invited us out there.

They were good lads but sadly one of them was knifed the following season when they played Juventus at home, but it was the standard leg job so fortunately not fatal.

The strangest thing was we bought a ticket on the day of the game which was unusual as a European Cup Final at the stadium for the Villa end. Also, in the Bayern end was a huge Villa / English contingent made up mostly of squaddies based in Germany and there was a lot of fighting to say the least.

Nice one, that you went of course not that knifing etc. Talked to a few who went to the match and heard the stories.... Sounds like 1 amazing night!

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Excluding BHA and England what game in history would you have liked to have attended?

For me, would be Argentina v Holland 1978 WCF. My first real memory of World Cup Footie. Mario Kempes v Total Voetbal, ticker tape, what an atmosphere..

I would've loved to have been in the Kop for the champions league game between Liverpool and Olympiakos in 2004.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The 'White Horse' cup final just to witness that sea of fans around the pitch while the match went ahead.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Brazil v Italia
Mexico 1970
Football at it's best
Lovely goal nets as well

This - with bells on!

Carlos Alberto to apply the Cherry of all Cherries on top of the Samba Cake: with my all-time fave goal, isn't it?

The beautiful game in its absolute pomp! Marvelous. :clap:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If it was a time machine scenario then Liverpool V Forest at Hillsborough to tell that idiot Copper not to open that gate so 96 people wouldn't die needlessly !!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The 3-3 draw between France & Germany at the '82 world cup

i was there in seville:thumbsup:

Without a shadow of a doubt the most exciting game I have ever seen ... if you were there Rev I am immensely jealous

Just a flavour of what an Observer hack had to say

Football matches imprint themselves upon the memory for a variety of reasons. Contrary to what one may imagine, it is rarely for the quality of play. The connoisseur, drawn back to classics, is often disappointed by how play has moved on: great players of the past now look slow-witted.

One match, however, when returned to, proves to be of an astonishing quality: the second semi-final of the 1982 World Cup, between West Germany and France. Michel Platini was the French captain that night and has said: 'That was my most beautiful game. What happened in those two hours encapsulated all the sentiments of life itself. No film or play could ever recapture so many contradictions and emotions. It was complete. So strong. It was fabulous.'

Joe Punter

Persistent fouler
Jan 31, 2012
Phoenix Brewery
Liverpool v AC Milan Champions League final.

You may not like Liverpool or their fans but when 40,000 of them are singing "You'll never walk alone" in such circumstances the hairs on the back of your neck would come flying off

I had two tickets to this, but decided not to go because I thought the flights were too pricey by the time I got round to booking...Doh! I've kept the unused tickets, and hope to sell them to a nostalgic scouser in a few years time to soften the blow on missing out on the best Euro final in recent times.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Some good shouts so far but Liverpool 5 Nottingham forest 0 from the 87/88 season will always stick in my memory as the single greatest performance by an English club side.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
True. But less than 10 years after the end of the war, in an era when you'd have known nothing about their club or players.

You'd have known about the Honved players that had whipped England on behalf of Hungary at Wembley in 1953.

(The Wolves v Honved game was very competitive. Wolves groundsman even made the pitch muddy to stop those crafty continentals playing their passing game).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here