Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a general election called today, who would you vote for?

Which party would you vote for?

• Labour

Votes: 70 36.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • UKIP

Votes: 35 18.1%
  • Liberals

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 11.9%

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Judging by the apathy in this thread and amongst the rest of the British public - is there a chance that representative democracy is not all it is cracked up to be?

since when is first past the post representative democracy?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
UKIP - and I don't read the Daily Mail !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can I ask why you're voting for them?

Because I personally believe we should be able to govern ourselves and not be dictated to by an organisation that is both undemocratic and also corrupt ( it's something like 15 years since the accounts of the EU were signed off by independent auditors ). So for example, and it will be an unpopular one, if we want to allow bankers to get unlimited bonuses then that is our decision and nobody elses.

Equally, if I disagree with what this Tory government are doing I can vote at the next GE and hopefully unseat them. You try getting rid of the decision makers in the EU ( and it's not the MEPs ) !

When Britain voted to enter what was then the Common Market it was sold as organisation that would allow for free trade. Since then the new EU has taken control of much of our laws without any agreement from voters. Labour, Tories and the Lib Dems have all have similar policies on the EU - i.e. we'll let them do what they want. There has been no realistic option of who to vote for if, like me, you think the EU is a bad thing.

Finally we have a party that we give us a say on the EU and that is growing in support which will force the main parties to change their policies. All I want is a say and UKIP will give that to me. I don't necessarily agree with all their policies or indeed all their leaders ( i.e. Bloom ) BUT the three main parties have decided to ignore people like me ..... until now. I don't trust DC to deliver a referendum ( he's got to win the next election to start with ! ) so my only choice, as an anti-EU voter, is UKIP.

EDIT - I'll add that I have voted UKIP in a GE in the dim and distant past but over the last few GEs I thought it was a wasted vote so went for Tories or Labour.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I vote then it'll be for Caroline Lucas because she's been a good constituency MP. Can't stand her politics, mind.

I'd do the same if I was in your location.

D

Deleted member 22389

Because I personally believe we should be able to govern ourselves and not be dictated to by an organisation that is both undemocratic and also corrupt ( it's something like 15 years since the accounts of the EU were signed off by independent auditors ). So for example, and it will be an unpopular one, if we want to allow bankers to get unlimited bonuses then that is our decision and nobody elses.

Equally, if I disagree with what this Tory government are doing I can vote at the next GE and hopefully unseat them. You try getting rid of the decision makers in the EU ( and it's not the MEPs ) !

When Britain voted to enter what was then the Common Market it was sold as organisation that would allow for free trade. Since then the new EU has taken control of much of our laws without any agreement from voters. Labour, Tories and the Lib Dems have all have similar policies on the EU - i.e. we'll let them do what they want. There has been no realistic option of who to vote for if, like me, you think the EU is a bad thing.

Finally we have a party that we give us a say on the EU and that is growing in support which will force the main parties to change their policies. All I want is a say and UKIP will give that to me. I don't necessarily agree with all their policies or indeed all their leaders ( i.e. Bloom ) BUT the three main parties have decided to ignore people like me ..... until now. I don't trust DC to deliver a referendum ( he's got to win the next election to start with ! ) so my only choice, as an anti-EU voter, is UKIP.

EDIT - I'll add that I have voted UKIP in a GE in the dim and distant past but over the last few GEs I thought it was a wasted vote so went for Tories or Labour.

Same here. It's going to happen with Labour too, nobody will be listened too.
Used to vote Labour and I absolutely hate the way they carry on. This Rich Vs Poor argument no longer works for me I'm afraid. It goes deeper than that now. I will go with UKIP as I feel it is the only way I will get any improvement in this country.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Interesting that if you add the right wing parties - Tories, UKIP and LibDums you get to 51 ish%, and Labour plus others circa 49%. That's in THIS poll so far.

Hang me ! Another hung parliament (methinks.)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
And so the slagging starts ! You couldn't just state who you would for could you ? No, far too simple !

Im sorry that I found a post, that stated somebody was voting for the nitwits and had a signature of a wanker underneath, as pretty funny. I apologise profoundly, to anybody prepared to vote for a bunch of racist wankers, and buffoons. Ok?

D

Deleted member 22389

Im sorry that I found a post, that stated somebody was voting for the nitwits and had a signature of a wanker underneath, as pretty funny. I apologise profoundly, to anybody prepared to vote for a bunch of racist wankers, and buffoons. Ok?

You will never stop people voting for UKIP. The Racist part is now getting a bit boring if I am honest with you. Your entitled to your own opinion on UKIP, but you shouldn't generalise like you do.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You will never stop people voting for UKIP. The Racist part is now getting a bit boring if I am honest with you. Your entitled to your own opinion on UKIP, but you shouldn't generalise like you do.

Climb down of your high horse for a start. I would have found it funny if somebody said Labour, Tory, LibDem with a smilie of a wanker beneath it.

Yeah, its getting a bit boring about the racists in the UKIP...I wish people would stop exposing them all the time..

D

Deleted member 22389

Climb down of your high horse for a start. I would have found it funny if somebody said Labour, Tory, LibDem with a smilie of a wanker beneath it.

Yeah, its getting a bit boring about the racists in the UKIP...I wish people would stop exposing them all the time..

I will give you that one. Think most people are glad they are getting rid of the rubbish out of the party. It will eventually make them stronger.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Politicians would better represent the 'will of the people' and be of a higher quality if people voted for the individual standing for election rather than for the party they belong to.

Ballot papers in my opinion should not include details of the candidate's party, simply their name.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Politicians would better represent the 'will of the people' and be of a higher quality if people voted for the individual standing for election rather than for the party they belong to.

Ballot papers in my opinion should not include details of the candidate's party, simply their name.

Yes - but they have to limit the power held in the chief whips office first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here