Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a general election called today, who would you vote for?

Which party would you vote for?

• Labour

Votes: 70 36.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • UKIP

Votes: 35 18.1%
  • Liberals

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 11.9%

• Total voters

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Last election the tactical vote went tits up so hopefully more people will actually vote for someone they actually believe in. Hence why Im voting for Lucas again. She actually believes and actively tries to change things. She has her faults (being a face on the bin strike when the greens were actually doing the right thing bringing in pay equality) but she's not in it for the money like 99% of tories and top labour peers.

They're not going to win the election, it's basically a vote against Labour's efforts (who are far the lesser evil) but The Greens have it in them to rival the right wing UKIP nazis.

2-300x203.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm really not a fan of any of them. What should I do?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Where's the option for "None of them"? That's me.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think Labour will get back in to power. However if they don't handle issues around the EU and migration properly, and we go back to what we had before, then I will expect things to start swinging UKIP's way.
Yes we know they are a bit of a joke, but they are getting rid of rubbish and starting to get serious.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Where is the option for the Green Party? I'll be voting Green unless I am convinced otherwise. And I don't mean persuaded, there is a difference.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I quite like the idea of coalitions because it should prevent barking stupid ideas getting implemented. Having said that, it requires a degree of sense coming from the minority parties, which doesn't seem to have happened in local government. On the basis that I can't vote for all of them, I shall probably vote for "none of the above".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There must be a political or social issue you feel strongly about? There are plenty of minor parties you could vote for who cover all kinds of issues, from legalising cannabis to animal rights, but spoiling your paper is just a waste.

Democracy is great in theory, but when the millions of people who don't feel represented by the main parties end up not voting or spoiling their papers, what's the point.

It's tough, because for one issue I'll agree with a party on, I'll disagree with 300 of their other policies. I think I probably would've voted for olde worlde Labour, but not this bizarre thing they've become now.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Monster raving looney party. The ones that make the most sense.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
LibDems. I can't stand whats happened to them or what they've done in the past 3 years, mind, but its them or Tories in my constituency so its tactical voting all the way unfortunately,

What if all the Lib dem voters in your constituency thought the same. One should never vote tacticaly in my view. We elect MPs not Governments.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Having gone through my thoughts on another thread, I've decided this.

I don't want another election (yeah it sounds crazy).

I want David Cameron, Ed Milliband and Nick Clegg to sit down in room, I'll lock the door, and when they eventually agree to work with each other, I'll let them out again.

As for the other 650 odd MP's - wtf do we need ANY of them for? Just pick a few to run departments, and the remaining 620 can be put on a 'welfare to work' programme.

Blimey, that could even just work.

The 3 amigos can run the Country from an office block in Milton Keynes. We can turn Parliament into a swanky hotel, and save a packet.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I was going to vote for UKIP, but now I feel they're getting a bit too carried away in the sudden surge of popularity. I'm tempted to give the Tories another chance. I reckon they haven't been able to put into practice all their policies because of the diluting effect of Lib Dems in the cabinet. BUT I would rather wait for their manifestos to be published before I decide.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Amazed at the support for UKIP, from what I have seen and heard their figures just simply do not stand up to any sort of scrutiny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here