• I'd give up my season ticket but still support the club

Votes: 43 14.1%
  • I'd performatively flounce out but be back in 6 months

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • I'd stop buying club merchandise but still show up at games

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • I'd not change anything to how I currently do things

Votes: 76 24.9%
  • I'd be all in - We're winning the Quadruple baby!

Votes: 12 3.9%

• Total voters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't believe it would ever happen under Bloom so it's a moot point really. If it did i would immediately lose respect for him and that would be me done with football full stop. Thankfully I believe Bloom will be here for years and pass it on to his kids

I do hope so

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
All these people saying they wouldn't support the club anymore is mind boggling. I love the club in the same way I do my children, totally unconditional and I will support us no matter what comes along.

I recognise people have principles but to just abandon the club you have supported your whole life is a bit bleeding heart liberal for my liking.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The problem is when the Saudis come calling this island has a horrible habit of looking the other way.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The problem is when the Saudis come calling this island has a horrible habit of looking the other way.

The trouble is the Saudis do things that are inhumane to us, but it isn't to them. We don't have the right to make them see things our way, just make sure we never see things their way. If they want to invest money in English football I just hope we make sure they do it on our terms.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All these people saying they wouldn't support the club anymore is mind boggling. I love the club in the same way I do my children, totally unconditional and I will support us no matter what comes along.

I recognise people have principles but to just abandon the club you have supported your whole life is a bit bleeding heart liberal for my liking.
Agree with this If the Saudi’s had rescued the club from Withdean built a new stadium and propelled the club into the PL whilst making significant investments into the local community as the Man City owners do would they have walked away then? Easy to have morales when the club isn’t on its knees.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Fair enough. I honestly don’t have feelings that strong despite supporting since 1976, having a ST for a lot of that time and having 10 hour round trips to watch home games. I’m not bothered what division we are in. It’s not unconditional though, like it is with personal relationships. Equally, I’m not a ‘bleeding heart liberal.’ For me it is all about where we have come from. We have been through the bad ownership scenario and it wasn’t pleasant. We came out of that period with Dick Knight and Tony Bloom, which is incredible. The club was vulnerable and could have gone down the Portsmouth route. Incredibly, instead we regained our soul. It is that soul that I support and if it is sold then what are we actually supporting ? I don’t think I could love a club like that.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Agree with this If the Saudi’s had rescued the club from Withdean built a new stadium and propelled the club into the PL whilst making significant investments into the local community as the Man City owners do would they have walked away then? Easy to have morales when the club isn’t on its knees.

The morals I live by are not that fragile.

Of course I, and many others, would have walked away. It matters where the money comes from, and blood money from the Saudis would be unconscionable.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Would be interesting to know how many principled people walking away from the club also vote for a party that enjoys millions in donations from the arms trade and actively increases our arms sales to the Saudi’s. You know, walking away from the club on principle and voting Tory - I’d say your principled moral compass needs calibrating.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'd go and support Wealdstone with my mate. But I'd always look out for Albion scores of course.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Would be interesting to know how many principled people walking away from the club also vote for a party that enjoys millions in donations from the arms trade and actively increases our arms sales to the Saudi’s. You know, walking away from the club on principle and voting Tory - I’d say your principled moral compass needs calibrating.

I do hope that's not aimed at me - how anyone can vote Tory is another thing that I just can't get my head around.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Fair enough. I honestly don’t have feelings that strong despite supporting since 1976, having a ST for a lot of that time and having 10 hour round trips to watch home games. I’m not bothered what division we are in. It’s not unconditional though, like it is with personal relationships. Equally, I’m not a ‘bleeding heart liberal.’ For me it is all about where we have come from. We have been through the bad ownership scenario and it wasn’t pleasant. We came out of that period with Dick Knight and Tony Bloom, which is incredible. The club was vulnerable and could have gone down the Portsmouth route. Incredibly, instead we regained our soul. It is that soul that I support and if it is sold then what are we actually supporting ? I don’t think I could love a club like that.[/QUOTE]

Why can't we still have a soul if the Saudis came in? I think Newcastle will still have their soul. They have amazing support, also I think the success of Newcastle is going to be as much about that Amanda Staverly woman as it will be about the money. It will be about how she runs it.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

I would walk away from the club and would rather boil my own head than vote Tory.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

You have morals or you don’t. Walking away from a Saudi owned Albion is an easy decision not a tough one. If you’d be happy with it then that’s your choice, I wouldn’t be happy and i’d be gone.

The celebrating Geordies are shallow glory hunters and nothing more nothing less. That is not what football is about.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Still making snide comments I see. What I do and who I vote for has got **** all to do with you. Plenty of people voted for Tony Blair whilst disagreeing with the ethics of his foreign policy and that also had nothing to do with you. Stop sidetracking threads with your sanctimonious shit.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Still making snide comments I see. What I do and who I vote for has got **** all to do with you. Plenty of people voted for Tony Blair whilst disagreeing with the ethics of his foreign policy and that also had nothing to do with you. Stop sidetracking threads with your sanctimonious shit.

Touches a nerve doesn’t it, pick and choosing your morality. You don’t belong on a forum if you can’t handle alternative views to yours. If it’s got F all to do with me - don’t post publicly about, pretty bloody simple. I didn’t even know you’d posted - it was just a generic comment.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The trouble is the Saudis do things that are inhumane to us, but it isn't to them. We don't have the right to make them see things our way, just make sure we never see things their way. If they want to invest money in English football I just hope we make sure they do it on our terms.

I could agree with that. If they want to do their thing - stoning people, starving & bombing people in Yemen and so forth - what can you do? Just shrug. After all, Yemen isnt that important. That war brings in a lot of money to Western countries, which is why you pretty much never hear about it in the media. And if there are no headlines, there is no thing, so there's not right to intervene or complain. Fine.

But what you should have the right to demand is that clubs participating in England should be English (well, or Welsh). Its a bit late now and a lot of owners would be need to be grandfathered but its not unreasonable. There is no law of nature saying that anyone from anywhere doing anything should be allowed to own a football club. These things can be regulated... if someone wants to regulate it.

When the ESL thing was happening, there was talk about introducing the 50+1 rule in England. It needs to be done. Its just a matter of time before some club is bought by... *trying to think of someone worse than the Saudi government*... ehh. Jeffrey Dahmer?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Touches a nerve doesn’t it, pick and choosing your morality. You don’t belong on a forum if you can’t handle alternative views to yours. If it’s got F all to do with me - don’t post publicly about, pretty bloody simple.

Doesn’t touch any nerve. I am very happy to vote Tory. In fact I consider the Labour Party to be morally repugnant, which is the reason I don’t vote for them. The difference is that I don’t troll threads making digs about people who vote for the party I consider morally repugnant. I have posted on this non political thread to avoid political obsessives such as yourself. If you wish to continue to derail this thread though then take a read of the following:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2007/may/21/foreignpolicy.uk

I have no comment on this as my voting decisions are different from what I want from my football club. You though I’m guessing will never vote Labour again. I wonder if you voted for Blair. I’m presuming not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here