• I'd give up my season ticket but still support the club

Votes: 43 14.1%
  • I'd performatively flounce out but be back in 6 months

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • I'd stop buying club merchandise but still show up at games

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • I'd not change anything to how I currently do things

Votes: 76 24.9%
  • I'd be all in - We're winning the Quadruple baby!

Votes: 12 3.9%

• Total voters

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Tbh I'm disappointed 48 people have said they'd not change how they currently do things. I just can't understand how anyone with an ounce of conscience could think **** it and carry on

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No option in the poll for:

I would stop going to games and walk away from football completely

Which is my option.

Fortunately the idea of Tony Bloom having anything to do with the Saudis is absurd...

This for me. I support the Albion because of a long history that stretches back almost as far as I can remember. I wouldn't be able to just pitch up at another club and claim loyalty and devotion to them. I might watch the euros/the world cup, I might still come on here to discuss films or other non-football things, but I don't think I'd be able to show up every other week and continue to buy a season ticket each year. And without that emotional investment in a particular team the premier league, or club football in general, would hold no appeal for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They're historically the 5th best supported club in the country.

Partly because Sir John Hall redeveloped a huge new SJP early in the modern era.

Belatedly Spuds, Liverpool, West Ham and Chelsea are getting their infrastructure in place to match their own fan bases and catchment areas.

Agree that Newcastle do have big support. A catchment area of 880,000 all to themselves.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I would hope that this takeover news will incentivise every other Prem club to up their game by 100+% when they play Newcastle, hopefully sending them down before the money rolls in.
Attracting world class players to not only live in Newcastle but also playing in the second tier for a season or two would seriously dent their super-league dreams.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really? Let's say the poll is representative of the base of STH. That's about 7k people walking away and the waiting list dropping by 1/3. That's quite a substantial hole that we don't currently have the capability of filling and no real reason to believe that would change.
Except that in the PL the number of fans in the ground is, financially, irrelevant (in spite of Barber wringing the last pennes out of STHs wanting to let a friend use their season ticket occasionally, and the last pennies out of said friend too). Fans culd be let in for free at most PL clubs and it wouldn't leave a huge hole, compared to the TV revenue.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Except that in the PL the number of fans in the ground is, financially, irrelevant (in spite of Barber wringing the last pennes out of STHs wanting to let a friend use their season ticket occasionally, and the last pennies out of said friend too). Fans culd be let in for free at most PL clubs and it wouldn't leave a huge hole, compared to the TV revenue.

You are absolutely right. I was merely suggesting that, based solely on this poll being indicative of the whole supporter base) we'd leave a hole in the Amex crowd that wouldn't be filled in its entirety because we just don't have *that many* fans who want season tickets.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Tbh I'm disappointed 48 people have said they'd not change how they currently do things. I just can't understand how anyone with an ounce of conscience could think **** it and carry on

Quite. And they don't seem to be articulating their training.

I would be heartbroken if the club I had loved for a generation was suddenly the extension of a murderous regime. The premier League have let the Newcastle fans down here - it is their responsibility to protect clubs in the interests of fans from nefarious corporate interest.

The toon fans who are celebrating I assume are having their judgement clouded by the exiting of Ashley.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Quite. And they don't seem to be articulating their training.

I would be heartbroken if the club I had loved for a generation was suddenly the extension of a murderous regime. The premier League have let the Newcastle fans down here - it is their responsibility to protect clubs in the interests of fans from nefarious corporate interest.

The toon fans who are celebrating I assume are having their judgement clouded by the exiting of Ashley.

Sadly, a quick browse on the Newcastle online forum suggests that, to a man, the Geordies are absolutely lapping it up. Didn't see one post of discontent, let alone thread. Absolutely astonishing, really. Completely sold their sole at the drop of a hat, the lot of them.

Quote:
'Everybody hates us already :lol:
We've done **** all of any consequence and we're already massively despised.'
'This is sensational. Not a ball kicked and they are all absolutely bricking it already. Truly fantastic stuff. '

Completely and utterly missing the point as to why they are suddenly so despised by everyone. Wtf is in the water up there!?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Haha. “I will protest” ????????????? Let’s hear it then….

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Haha. “I will protest” ????????????? Let’s hear it then….

:shrug: yeah cos BHA fans have absolutely no history of well-known protests against owners. None whatsoever I can think of.

I'm very confident there'd be protests by a section of our fan base if such a takeover occurred. Not suggesting the majority - although I think the majority would be saddened - but by a significant section

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:shrug: yeah cos BHA fans have absolutely no history of well-known protests against owners. None whatsoever I can think of

A few marches would stop billionaire Saudis or whoever with their promises. Don’t be naive…….. if they promised the next level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here