If The Albion didn't exist.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'd just follow other sports teams (as I do now).

The only team I follow in sport is Brighton so I don't follow any other teams results religiously anywhere else in the world.

I'm gonna say Brighton United. The premise of your question is based on some hypothetical scenarios that did or did not play out, so on the same logic I'm gonna say that Brighton United didn't fold and then form Brighton & Hove Rangers etc... That or the the team that would have come from the town!

Though, I've always had a soft spot for Fulham (an ex-girlfriend was a supporter)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Norwich (family). The only reason other than birth location as to why you're allowed to support a club. Someone please tell the global premiership following this and we can have our national game back!! Easy!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Dad from Salford no way Mum Dorset no way so it would have to be my school days when Brighton were only 3rd Div was Spurs and Palace:ffsparr:

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
Having been born in Littlehampton, probably Pompey. Mum tells me that when she was growing up Pompey was the team in Littlehampton, with the Albion hardly featuring. Her dad was from Kensal Green, Arsenal territory and there are strong Norfolk connections, in other words Norwich. Having been in the East Grinstead area since I was six, I could have ended up with Palace, though going to Ardingly would have made that unlikely. Mates there were Spurs, so I supported them for a while, before I got hooked on the Albion. With all this, thank goodness the Albion do exist. Fulham is my local club in London, and I've been a few times, but I don't like the fact that a lot of the crowd are not Fulham fans.

Kensal Green more of a super hoop area if anything

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Probably Portsmouth. Living in Worthing when a child, my brother on occasion took me to Fratton park when the Albion were away.
My father was a lifelong Arsenal Supporter - used to go and watch them in the Herbert Chapman days.
My mother came from Hertfordshire and her family were all Luton Town supporters - my grandfather a regular visitor to Kenilworth Road.
And I lived the first 15 months of my life within earshot and almost sight of - dare I say it but I'm not the first on here - Selhurst Park.
And when I was a kid in the '60's my first division team was the Liverpool of Roger Hunt, Ron Yeats, Tommy Smith, Ian Callaghan and Bill Shankly.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Chelsea they were my first experience of premier league football, the football was not great but the atmosphere was brilliant.
I defected from man utd to Chelsea in 94 as I was bored of the glory hunter tag, which I still get now.
But Brighton has always been my first team then Chelsea then Warbury.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Liverpool - I managed to see the 1971 Cup Final Liverpool vs Leeds. Bill Shankly was manager at that time and he came on the pitch before the game started to the Liverpool end. He just waved his red tie in front of the crowd and they erupted chanting his name and singing 'Never Walk Alone'. It was an amazing experience that lives with me today. :bowdown::salute:

Liverpool v Leeds was 1965.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Actually its not a wind up, it was a genuine question! However some of the answers are unreal! Supporting two teams???? Really????

And the problem with supporting two teams is what?

What about supporting a team in a different sport, say rugby or cricket, do you see that as a problem?

I've actively supported BHAFC for decades but that doesn't mean it is my whole life to the exclusion of other teams and/or other sports!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports