Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If The Albion didn't exist.....

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Surely its a conflict of interest????

So what happens when the two teams play against each other? A few on here have mentioned they support Man United, (if they were alive) who did they support in the 83 cup final? what happens if the Albion go up? I cant see the logic in support two teams who have a chance of playing each other.

Fine support a non league team like Lewes etc when the chances are they will never play your team in a match of any importance, but the rest is just riduculous IMO....

I'll tell you what happens......I was a fan of United since a kid, watched them twice at The Dell, grew up, got a car went to support Albion. Dream come true when we played United in '83. I went to both games and wanted only one team to win, Brighton. I hated the United fans and was proud of what the team had achieved. Its not wrong to be a "fan" of another team but only one team gets my support and gets my cash.And I have spent huge amounts watching Brighton............Man United is another distant world.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I think you would find most clubs have SUPPORTERS who are fans of another team, or even more than one team.

Really?? Am I the only one who genuinely doesn't understand this idea?? I like Plymouth but that's because of the fans United thing, however I don't support them or ever claim to be a fan! It's weird in my opinion but it seems like I'm on my own here!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
But surely that's part of the being a supporter? The almighty lows of losing and the joys of winning??

Which you get all the time except when the 2 teams you support play each other. I support/like 2 teams myself, Chelsea were the first team I supported as a young nipper and then I started watching the Albion and become hooked on them but I still like Chelsea and try to get to the occasional game. When the Albion and Chelsea do get to play in a proper match then I'll be supporting the Albion but also enjoying watching Chelsea.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Even though I am now exiled in Norfolk and could be tempting to become a plastic Canary fan it would be unthinkable not to support a Sussex team, probably Lewes or maybe Horsham 'cos for many years I used to watch them if the Albion weren't at home.

I recall as a kid in the late 60s /early 70s being completely nutty about footie, every spare minute was spent either kicking a ball or watching games, usually at The Goldstone. I was proud to support The Albion while my two best mates were Spurs and Man C fans yet had they had no obvious connection to them. We regularly used to see each others teams play and watch out for their scores, but none of us ever defected. I saw a quite a few Spurs games around that time and they played some fab footie in the old First Div in front of 50k crowds, but I could never dream of deserting The Albion. It was just another way of getting my footie fix.

It was especially good when we signed players I had seen at Spurs eg Beal, Chivers, McNab, Kinnear, plus Mullers of course.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Knew someone would start another post about supporting two teams!

Bazinga!

Er, if you are referring to my post it was pretty clear that I have only ever supported The Albion and couldn't think of 'supporting' another Club even though I used to watch mates teams from time to time. I love footie but no other team has ever raised the juices like The Albion, its in my DNA. A factual response to a hypothetical question by the OP.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Bazinga!

Er, if you are referring to my post it was pretty clear that I have only ever supported The Albion and couldn't think of 'supporting' another Club even though I used to watch mates teams from time to time. I love footie but no other team has ever raised the juices like The Albion, its in my DNA. A factual response to a hypothetical question by the OP.

Actually it wasn't you I was referring to! An entirely member thread about second teams has been started!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here