Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Sky had to drop

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Flintoff must be just about the ONLY (retired) England captain of the last twenty years NOT to be given a ticket on the Murdoch gravy train?

Gower, Botham, Hussain, Vaughan, Atherton, Butcher and now Strauss.

Vaughan's on TMS isn't he? Did he move there from Sky?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I don't think any of them should be dropped really, as between them they offer a mix of humour and first-hand experience and insight of having played the game at the top level. That said, I'm not sure how much longer Sir Ian Botham will remain as one of their commentators. Over 20 years now since he retired and his opinions are somewhat old-fashioned and not terribly insightful. But, his name is Sir Ian Botham which means you can overlook a lot of his foibles.

D

Deleted member 18477

All the cricket pundits are good! Hussain and Knight are quality! Sky have a great mix with the cricket pundits.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Botham is utter TOILET as a commentator. There's a reason he was a shit England captain - because he doesn't know the game well enough... he just happened to be bloody good at it. I remember chatting to Vaughany at my mates wedding, and he said the exact same about Freddie

This, 100%

His casual arrogance gets on my tits as well

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Don't want Flintoff anywhere near the Sky box.

I've heard someone ask Flintoff about commentating, his response was "I couldn't think of anyong worse than sitting in a commentry box all day with Hussain and Atherton" :lolol:

As has been said they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally I really like listening to Hussain and Atherton, I quite like Beefy's arrogance and Gower seems to keep them all in check. My favourite is Michael Holding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here