Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Potter Were To Leave . . .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In order, my number 1 target isn't listed here yet but the rest are:

1. Kasper Hjulmand
2. Nathan Jones
3. Bruno (this is only if we're talking 2025 or beyond GP leaves, that's a long solid apprenticeship for Bruno and I'd feel fully confident in him picking up with little to no change)

This all day long, and may it be a long time before we actually deal with this problem.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Si ees very complicated indeed. Such a shame in many ways, he could have been the ideal candidate, has previous experience at managing the club, has similar footballing philosophies to Potter, likes to keep the ball, and play out from the back, etc. etc.

It's his massive ego that always ruins things for him, that and his feud with PB at Brighton. Still we have been though all this is innumerable previous threads.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Russell Martin, Kasper Hjulmand, Steve Cooper, Bruno, Rangnick, mainly the ones already shared

I'd be happy with any of those, but I trust the boards decision though!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Russell Martin, Kasper Hjulmand, Steve Cooper, Bruno, Rangnick, mainly the ones already shared

I'd be happy with any of those, but I trust the boards decision though!

Why is there all this mention of Bruno on here? Yes a lovely thought, our legendary ex captain becoming our manager, but let's face it he has only just commenced his coaching career.

None of us know yet what sort of fist he is going to make of it, or even if he wants to become a head honcho one day. To be honest l can think of several far more realistic candidates.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am a huge Emma Hayes fan; I love watching her Chelsea side play.

Last time it came up she said that she didn't find managing in L2 or national league attractive. She said she was working with international players, playing in Europe and winning cups and titles.

However, she might be tempted by a EPL side - who knows?

Back to men though and Rosenoir and Bruno would be my dream team

The heads of a few on here would explode if the job was given to a GIRL……..bet she’d do a bloody good job though. Mightily impressed whenever I’ve heard her speak, and as you say her teams play great football.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The heads of a few on here would explode if the job was given to a GIRL……..bet she’d do a bloody good job though. Mightily impressed whenever I’ve heard her speak, and as you say her teams play great football.

I’m impressed with how Many ex players speak. Doesn’t mean they would make good managers.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Why not?

After all, Cheri Lunghi managed it back in the 80s! :love:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
depends on when he leaves. if he leaves in the near to medium future, then I'd say Ivan juric, the Torino manager, plays high pressing football with a great young side, or Felice Mazzù at USG. If (as I hope) he stays for a few more years, then maybe someone like Russell Martin, or actually, Ian Evatt, the Bolton and former Barrow manager, both very much in the Potter mould I'd say.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Have any managers (male or female) made the switch from the women’s game to the men’s?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Emma Hayes on being linked previously with the AFC Wimbledon job.
"I don't know why anyone would think women's football is a step down [in comparison to men]. The football world needs to wake up. While the game is played by a different gender, it's exactly the same sport."

If you genuinely can't see why its a different sport and you genuinely can't see why women's football is a step down (in quality, finances, media coverage, speed, strength, skill, fan base, crowds, transfer fees, wages, history number of participants, competitiveness etc) then I would suggest you are not qualified to manage at any serious level in the men's game. I have no problem with women's football but as it stands at the moment it is NOT the equal of men's football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here