Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Potter Were To Leave . . .

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Ryan Lowe done wonders at Plymouth and now doing the same at Preston.

Russell Martin for his style of play but currently going through a dodgy patch which will see what sort of manager he is.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
chris-hughton.jpg

GOTTA BE HUGHTON!!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As much as my default answer would appear to be "whoever is in charge of Swansea", I thought after the League Cup game that Russell Martin with his football philosophy and local connections would be a good fit. However, Swansea currently appear to be shithouse so maybe not.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Isn’t Liam Rosenior the secret behind Wayne Rooney’s success at Derby? If so might be a shout provided Potter doesn’t take the England job for a few more years! Bruno for his assistant.

My very first thought :thumbsup:

(Well, actually, my first thought was Sue White, but best I leave that :facepalm:)

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I've got a sneaking feeling that GP could be with us for quite a while. Everything just fits into place with him and us at Brighton and I suspect he's enjoying a long-term project without unrealistic expectations from a zillionaire or trigger-happy owner and entitled fanbase, not to mention the sort of egos that you find in the playing staff at the very big clubs.

But back to the original question. Johnny Crumplin for me.

Agree with everything, fits into place and more importantly he has stated he is happy here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Adi Hütter Is another that should be in the mix of names. Hoping that there’s no changes for a long time though, we’re playing wonderful stuff at the moment and will only get better..

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Well going beyond the humour on here, if and when GP goes, the position of Manager/Head Coach at BHA will attract a number of highly respected candidates.

Perhaps we are no longer " Lil Old Brighton " - I hope GP will be here for ever :rolleyes: but were he to leave us, for example, this season the field of interested candidates would be far wider than it has probably ever been in all of the club's 121 years.

That thanks mainly to one G Potter ( to differentiate between other GP's ) TB would now be expecting someone of considerable pedigree to replace our man ! :bhasign::albion2:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It has been mentioned by people at the club there is a succession plan, with several possible managers continuously monitored, and it wouldn't be a surprise to find that Potter is part of that conversation.

One doesn't imagine, surely that Dan, Barbs and Tone just stick their fingers in their ears and go 'la la la can't hear you' whenever anyone says 'what would happen if Graham left?'?

Or whether Barbs and Tone haven't discussed what to do if Dan is snaffled by Newcastle?

:shrug:

(Gotta be Steve Cotterill, innit, though?)

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Ees Complicated.

gus.jpg

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
I've got a sneaking feeling that GP could be with us for quite a while. Everything just fits into place with him and us at Brighton and I suspect he's enjoying a long-term project without unrealistic expectations from a zillionaire or trigger-happy owner and entitled fanbase, not to mention the sort of egos that you find in the playing staff at the very big clubs.

But back to the original question. Johnny Crumplin for me.
Agreed... 3 more years resulting in our first European tour!

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
TB would now be expecting someone of considerable pedigree to replace our man ! :bhasign::albion2:

No no no no no no NO!!!

No!!!

NO!!!

I’m sorry but isn’t this precisely the sort of thing that makes as look agog at the larger clubs? All looking for the next sparkly manager rather than the one best suited to furthering our long term development? Absolutely not! I don’t give a damn about pedigree anymore. I was worried about pedigree when Potter was installed and I’m happy to admit that I was totally, absolutely 100% bang WRONG.

Bloom got one call wrong with Hyppia but, other than that, has been right on the money. I’m happy to trust in his judgement rather than looking for marquee managers…

…but I would sell a lung to see Bruno leading the team. What can I say? I’m just an old romantic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here