Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Palace don't make the play offs will Holloway get sacked

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
A palace fan has posted these comments from a Plymouth fan when they appointed him.
Some are saying his comments are now very familiar and I am sure this guy has a crystal ball.

Originally Posted by Graham Clark
Although a Plymouth Argyle supporter I occasionally look at this site to see what is exercising my Palace friends. It is with some amusement and bemusement that I have read what appears to be an overwhelming clamour for the appointment of Ian Holloway as manager.

Argyle's experience of Holloway should be a warning. Within a week of pledging his undying love for the club ( bleeding Green and all that) he was meeting Mandaric in a service station and sealing his 'move of a lifetime' to Leicester City. His profligate spending and failure to understand the basics of defending lead to one of the most spectacular collapses ending in relegation to League 1.

He is a 'pied piper' but you will soon tire of his off the cuff and often ill judged comments. He will be great with the fans when things are going well but you will see a different side to him if things start to turn. Ask any Blackpool fan.

His scattergun approach to the transfer market and over reliance on his No. 2 ( I note Steve Thompson wants to stay) should cause concern. His heart on the sleeve approach to management might appeal but in the longer term his lack of principles means he will get found out. You are splendidly placed to secure another punt in the Premiership. To my mind the appointment of Holloway will put that at risk. It will great at first. He will say all the right things and press the right buttons media wise. Meetings with the fans will be a joy but it will all unravel under pressure and you will be left with the same feelings as Argyle, Leicester, Blackpool and QPR fans. A feeling of being shafted but the ride will have been enjoyable if you like being part of a circus. Good luck

Now there's a sensible football fan!

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
I expected a lot more motivation of the players than I have seen so far, palace were one of the favourites to go down at the start of the season and have punched above their weight for most of it .
Now time to earn his bread in the next few weeks

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
If Palace fail to make the playoffs and play their remaining games as they have done the last 6, then I'm pretty sure the owners will definitely think seriously about the chop for IH. Playing badly is one thing, looking disinterested and seemingly totally unable to stop the rot is a whole different ball game.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
If palace don't score another goal until the end of the season hell definitely get sacked!

-now that's a crystal ball prediction I like :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I like this chap...

RainhamEagle Bromley Yesterday 7.42am
I'm not at panic stations yet, but for the first time I think we'll drop out of the top six and I would rather we did on this form, than get thumped by Brighton over two legs.

I was sceptical when IH was first appointed, I was sceptical when we carried on winning and I'm even more sceptical now. I've never been a fan of his media whoring and his lack of tactical nous was obvious at Blackpool

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I expected a lot more motivation of the players than I have seen so far, palace were one of the favourites to go down at the start of the season and have punched above their weight for most of it .
Now time to earn his bread in the next few weeks

Woah woah woah.. Hang on there.. Is this the same team that 'should really be looking at 2nd' and 'will definitely finish in the play offs and above Brighton?'..

Now your pinching above your weight? Brilliant. You couldn't make it up!

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
What would really make me laugh is that Palace miss out on the playoffs, (ho ho), sack Ollie, ( he he ), and then have to pay his 4+ years contract up thus using most of the Zaha money up so getting little or no benefit from it.

Please make it happen, please, please. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here