Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Palace don't make the play offs will Holloway get sacked

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe CPFC2010 will just slag Holloway off on twitter rather than sack him :lolol:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It would be very harsh to sack him as they are punching massively above their weight. They are now one of the smallest clubs in the championship and I think most expected them to be in a relegation battle this season.

I agree to a point though reading some of the Palace viewpoints on their board there's a sense that Holloway hasn't bedded in at all well, and has a poor relationship with players and fans alike. There's frustration with the lack of tactical flexibility ("no plan B" ... where have we heard that before?) and there was also the incident on the coach to Brighton in which a player apparently needed a bollocking from the driver and then got another one from Holloway, who wasn't even on the coach as he'd decided to drive himself. He then wrote about the incident in his newspaper column. Couple that with his lack of understanding about what the Brighton match means and you can see why some Palace fans just think he's a self-promoting mediocrity.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It would be very harsh to sack him as they are punching massively above their weight. They are now one of the smallest clubs in the championship and I think most expected them to be in a relegation battle this season.

I know we should mock them at every opportunity but I really think that's simply not true. They, like us, are a decent-sized regional team who, like us, are where they are on merit - albeit merit gained from prior to us tonking them at Falmer.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've just watched on Palace Player the goals at Ipswich and Holloway's post match press conference. The bloke hasn't a clue. All he can keep saying is how brilliant the fans are.

He finished his little speech by saying "If anyone ever worked harder than me in their career, I'd like to meet 'em."

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Didn't he sign a 4 year contract, that would be a massive payout if they did.

It was a 4 1/2 year deal.
I'm sure I read at the time that a escape clause was in the contract, what that is I've no idea.
Ollie needs to turn things around in the next 4 games, i still believe we'll sneak in .

No - his work is not finished at the Grim Groupon.

I believe he was tasked with getting them out of the Championship and on current form I can see him achieving this next season.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No - his work is not finished at the Grim Groupon.

I believe he was tasked with getting them out of the Championship and on current form I can see him achieving this next season.

I certainly get the feeling from reading the comments on their section of BBS, that CPFC2010 had also thought that like their fans, that promotion to the premiership prior to our game was almost a formality and therefore planning on that financial windfall.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I agree to a point though reading some of the Palace viewpoints on their board there's a sense that Holloway hasn't bedded in at all well, and has a poor relationship with players and fans alike. There's frustration with the lack of tactical flexibility ("no plan B" ... where have we heard that before?) and there was also the incident on the coach to Brighton in which a player apparently needed a bollocking from the driver and then got another one from Holloway, who wasn't even on the coach as he'd decided to drive himself. He then wrote about the incident in his newspaper column. Couple that with his lack of understanding about what the Brighton match means and you can see why some Palace fans just think he's a self-promoting mediocrity.

There's also a thread on here dedicated to the coach incident.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Difficult to say. He is a buffoon, I dont rate him as a manger and he does appear to have lost the plot somewhat, especially since the St Patricks day massacre.

BUT

They massively overachieved at the start of the season under an excellent manager in Dougie and to be honest I think they have found their true level in recent months so he is probably doing what should be expected of him.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
In simple terms, I think it's fair to say Palace over performed under Freedman and kept it going for a while since Holloway turned up. I don't believe Holloway has turned into a bad manager over night and I think Palace are just hitting a bad phase, to level out the outstanding run they had early doors. I hope they do sack him in a sense, as I think he is a good manager, who is just having a bad run at a bad time.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Difficult to say. He is a buffoon, I dont rate him as a manger and he does appear to have lost the plot somewhat, especially since the St Patricks day massacre.

BUT

They massively overachieved at the start of the season under an excellent manager in Dougie and to be honest I think they have found their true level in recent months so he is probably doing what should be expected of him.

A palace fan has posted these comments from a Plymouth fan when they appointed him.
Some are saying his comments are now very familiar and I am sure this guy has a crystal ball.

Originally Posted by Graham Clark
Although a Plymouth Argyle supporter I occasionally look at this site to see what is exercising my Palace friends. It is with some amusement and bemusement that I have read what appears to be an overwhelming clamour for the appointment of Ian Holloway as manager.

Argyle's experience of Holloway should be a warning. Within a week of pledging his undying love for the club ( bleeding Green and all that) he was meeting Mandaric in a service station and sealing his 'move of a lifetime' to Leicester City. His profligate spending and failure to understand the basics of defending lead to one of the most spectacular collapses ending in relegation to League 1.

He is a 'pied piper' but you will soon tire of his off the cuff and often ill judged comments. He will be great with the fans when things are going well but you will see a different side to him if things start to turn. Ask any Blackpool fan.

His scattergun approach to the transfer market and over reliance on his No. 2 ( I note Steve Thompson wants to stay) should cause concern. His heart on the sleeve approach to management might appeal but in the longer term his lack of principles means he will get found out. You are splendidly placed to secure another punt in the Premiership. To my mind the appointment of Holloway will put that at risk. It will great at first. He will say all the right things and press the right buttons media wise. Meetings with the fans will be a joy but it will all unravel under pressure and you will be left with the same feelings as Argyle, Leicester, Blackpool and QPR fans. A feeling of being shafted but the ride will have been enjoyable if you like being part of a circus. Good luck

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think that he would get the sack and also that he would deserve the sack because he has completely f....d them up . The pay out wouldn't be much at 1p in the £.

He would get 100p in the pound, as a 'football creditor'.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All Holloway had to do was the same steering job with somebody else's team that Taylor did for for us in the Double Championes season. Yet somehow the players have had a massive collective loss of form or motivation or both. Sort of understand it. Wilf has his mind elsewhere and Murray's a weird sulky bugger and maybe the rest have started to believe the hype that they're all that. They're not. It's a below average division, and apart from one or two on/off performers, they're nothing special. Oh well :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here