Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Man Utd did to us what we're doing to Grimsby......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Deary, deary me boys. Does every Albion thread on oppo forums descend into an oblivion of seagull puns, or is it just us that gets that treatment? If you came over to the Grimsby board, I’d simply thank you for dropping in.
Don’t take it personally. One of NSC’s quirks is loving fishy puns. Any excuse will do.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Deary, deary me boys. Does every Albion thread on oppo forums descend into an oblivion of seagull puns, or is it just us that gets that treatment? If you came over to the Grimsby board, I’d simply thank you for dropping in.
It's never been quite as bad as this before!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Right, on my way, with a bag of fish puns :laugh:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Little Grimsby Town facts:

They have spent more seasons in Division 2 than we have.

They have spent more seasons in the top flight than we have.

Both teams have reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup twice

Their Division 5 crowds were on a par with our Division 3 crowds.

They don't have a wealthy owner to pour hundreds of millions into their club. If we didn't have one it wouldn't be the cup we were facing them in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think Poojah is joining in the pun fun with his ‘dropping’ comment.

Personally I don’t think it’s the time or plaice for that nonsense though.
I’m not that au fait with fishing terms. I’ll have to spread my nets to trawl more knowledge of angling.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I wish people would stop "Carping" on about us beating teams like Grimsby and "Skating" into the next round.
We could quite easily "Flounder" against them and look like right "Prawns"
Exactly; they are the sole representatives of 4th tier left, and a had a whale of a time so far. But I think we can put them in their plaice; they have probably had their chips now.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
If Grimsby beat Brighton, their fans are sure to start a Conga in the south stand. When they finish that they will dance a reel. We hope they don't find our net but if Grimsby do win the FA Cup then Nicola Sturgeon and Alex Salmond will present them with medallions of cod. After Whiting a new page in the history books, their players will get bonus crab clause in their contracts which will earn then a few extra squid.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Many of you will already know this but some clearly don't - take heed boys.

The FA cup has become famous over the many, many years it has been fought over for one thing in particular.
Games that involve "minnows" [that's little fish] causing an UPSET !!

This competition is littered with said minnows taking top-division scalps and is the key reason why chickens MUST remain in the coup and not be counted until the fat lady [wearing a blue & white stripped shirt] is singing .... "We're on our way to Wembley"

Now, pipe-down lads ....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Glad someone is concerned about the complacency among many of our supporters.

Regardless of their league position, Grimsby have done fantastically to get this far in the FA Cup, and won away against a Premier League team (albeit a crappy one) last night.

I find our gloating and premature jubilation rather arrogant and unpleasant

Obviously, I really want us to beat Grimsby, and I think we will, but please don't count our chickens too soon; pride comes before a fall.
First time in all the decades i have been going that i felt cringe embarrassed by the behaviour of Albion fans at Stoke.
It was just two bellends (out of all of us) on the bus back to Newcastle, both in their early 20s, but they dished out patronising arrogant " we are a much bigger club than you will ever be" twaddle, which went well beyond "bantz".... the whole ensuing argument nearly ended in blows
I wish i had had the gumph to turn around and say what i really wanted to say which was ....shut up you embarrassing pricks.....this is Stoke City,, how about a bit of f***ing football history and humility and knowledge where we were sitting nearly 30 years ago........not to mention simple f***ing politeness ......but i didnt.

The " dont get arsy fella (to a 50 year old Stoke fan) , its only the cup for you, you were going out eventually anyway..... we lost to Fulham and its probably ruined Europe for us" comment by the youngest twat, was head in the hands awful.

I hope this arrogance doesnt spread through the generations

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone mentioned that Grimsby fans were probably gutted (pun not intended) to have ended up with us rather than one of the bigger boys?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Many of you will already know this but some clearly don't - take heed boys.

The FA cup has become famous over the many, many years it has been fought over for one thing in particular.
Games that involve "minnows" [that's little fish] causing an UPSET !!

This competition is littered with said minnows taking top-division scalps and is the key reason why chickens MUST remain in the coup and not be counted until the fat lady [wearing a blue & white stripped shirt] is singing .... "We're on our way to Wembley"

Now, pipe-down lads ....
Too right that's the magic of cup. Just not fun when you're on the wrong side of the fence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To liven up the free hit should every Albion player who scores against Grimsby be subsequently removed from the pitch without a substitution?

Just to see if Wheels of Steele can hold on for the last 30 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here