Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Man Utd did to us what we're doing to Grimsby......

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The opening post is absolutely right . Grimsby didn’t get through 5 rounds of the cup just on luck. They will fight hard and not give us respect. It will be a tough low score game. As long as we win …anyway we can , that will be fine . I would not think about Wembley until after.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has anyone mentioned that Grimsby fans were probably gutted (pun not intended) to have ended up with us rather than one of the bigger boys?
Indeed, and we've been there, haven't we?

Away to a middling Premier League side is about as bad as it gets for a lower division side. You don't get the excitement of going to one of the big boys and visiting an iconic stadium, but you'll almost certainly take a sound beating.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Away to a middling Premier League side is about as bad as it gets for a lower division side. You don't get the excitement of going to one of the big boys and visiting an iconic stadium, but you'll almost certainly take a sound beating.
Yip. Didn't we get Stoke when they were PL and we were L1. Seem to remember we thought we were Barcelona though, compared to their Hoofball.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I remember how gutted I was when (as a Lg1 team) we were drawn away at Stoke in the cup back in 2011. It's just like that. A game with little glamour or chance of victory.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I remember how gutted I was when (as a Lg1 team) we were drawn away at Stoke in the cup back in 2011. It's just like that. A game with little glamour or chance of victory.
Although, take away the football, a weekend away in Brighton is surely a lot more appealing than a trip to Stoke? Imagine the FUN they'll have in town afterwards if they nab a win? It'll be carnage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here