Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If (IF!) this was to go to penalties on Sunday...

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
LuaLua.
March
Ward
Andrews
Bruno

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ward
Andrews
Calderon
Lopez
CMS

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If PIG was still considering staying with us next season (not convinced it isn't already a dead cert he's gone), then subbing Brez in at the last minute, while possibly good for the club, would kill our chance of getting PIG to re-sign!

Disagree as I'm sure Kusz is grown up enough to acknowledge Brez is far far better at pens than him. And he's Not an insecure 12 year old girl.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
According to a very quick search on google, Kuszczak has save 3 out of 33 penalties in his career:

07/05/2006 - Everton v. West Brom - Penalty taken by Duncan Ferguson
17/09/2006 - Man Utd v. Arsenal - Penalty taken by Gilberto Silva
01/01/2011 - West Brom v. Man Utd - Penalty taken by Peter Odemwingie

Of course, they could be rubbish stats and the above could all have been misses.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
According to a very quick search on google, Kuszczak has save 3 out of 33 penalties in his career:

07/05/2006 - Everton v. West Brom - Penalty taken by Duncan Ferguson
17/09/2006 - Man Utd v. Arsenal - Penalty taken by Gilberto Silva
01/01/2011 - West Brom v. Man Utd - Penalty taken by Peter Odemwingie

Of course, they could be rubbish stats and the above could all have been misses.

The 2011 one was a miss.

Perfect.

So TK can complete the 120 minutes, and then 'land heavily' trying to save the first penalty, with Brezovan replacing him for the rest. :thumbsup:

But what happens if the goalie is injured and you have used all your subs???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
if it goes to pens we've no chance.......

However......

Substitute Kuszcz for Brez.....

Ulloa will not miss for a third time but I'd put him on as 4th.

Bruno - first - great technical ability
CMS - if on the pitch
Stephens - if on the pitch
Ulloa

leaving the scores level at 4-4

but who to pick? Andrews or Ward......

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ummm, without wishing to state the obvious, if we still have a sub left at 119 minutes, won't we all be p*ssed at Oscar for not using all his outfield subs during the previous 2 hours?

EDIT: Oh, and re OP - CMS from those likely to (still) be on the pitch for pens. No real confidence in most of the others likely to be on the pitch at that point.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Lopez
Lopez
Lopez
Lopez
Lopez

He would have to put on a quick-change disguise between each kick, for example' Blond wig,fake beard,moustache and perhaps a glasses/moustache combination in the Groucho Marx style.The other Brighton players on the pitch would have to distract the Ref. and Derby players while he changed,perhaps by pointing up at the stands suggesting a young lady may be exposing her breasts or something similar,you never know it could just work.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Lopez
Lopez
Lopez
Lopez
Lopez

He would have to put on a quick-change disguise between each kick, for example' Blond wig,fake beard,moustache and perhaps a glasses/moustache combination in the Groucho Marx style.The other Brighton players on the pitch would have to distract the Ref. and Derby players while he changed,perhaps by pointing up at the stands suggesting a young lady may be exposing her breasts or something similar,you never know it could just work.

Nah, we just need 4 volunteers to streak on the pitch after each penalty, giving Lopez amble time to change disguise whilst we frolic naked in the center circle with the stewards.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I said this on a previous thread, Stephen Ward is great with penalties and takes them for ROI.

The reason that Brez is so good at penalties is that he has a photographic memory and knows which way any one player will take them. I was told this by someone at the club.

Oct 25, 2003
I'd be very disappointed in Oscar if he's gone 119 minutes in a vital game without using all of his outfield options, especially as we do actually tend to have a few attacking options on the bench with the ability to change games

putting that to one side i'd absolutely LOVE to see a lualua penalty. How do you reckon he'd approach it? would he smash it as hard as he can with no regards to accuracy? or would he go all balotelli on us and calmly stroke it in? maybe a pirlo style dink?

seriously though, and taking into account who i think will be on the pitch come the 120 minute mark:

1) ward...i didn't know he does penalties for his country but that obviously helps. He also comes across as a calm and composed guy who would be ideal to slot home our first nail in Derby's coffin
2) andrews...firstly i believe that ANY outfield professional footballer should be capable of scoring a penalty. The main skill here is holding your nerve. Keith is an experienced guy and another cool cucumber
3) upson....as you can tell I rate experience over pretty much everything when it comes to pk's
4) ulloa...his penalties have generally been completely awful but as a striker you have no excuse for consistently failing to convert from 12 yards..just bloody put it in!!!
5) lualua....my wildcard pick....i'm picking this as i'll obviously be an absolute nervous wreck by this point. Seeing kazenga steaming in ready to absolutely smash it anywhere will just complete the experience for me. It's one of those moments that would go down in history. The moment where either a) kazenga absolutely smashes it home to send the albion to wembley, or b) the ball goes about 20 yards wide and 40 yards over to compel us to another season of mediocrity

these threads always help confirm to myself that i would never have made it as a football manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here