Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If everyone was fit, where would we be?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bridcutt played something like 83 out of 92 league games from the last 2 seasons.

Crofts barely featured last season, Andrews needs to settle in, and Ince + JFC are young lads still.

This alone tells you much of why we haven't started as well as we might have done.

Taking Bridcutt out of our team is like taking Scholes out of MU a few years ago or Gerrard out of Liverpool. The start of this season isn't highlighting we've had a change in manager, it's highlighting how crucial Bridcutt is to our team.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We'd be in the premier league, if I can extend this hypothetical back a season. A full year with a fit CMS, Hoskins and Vicente would have been great.

Of course if we go back further, if Navarro hadn't got injured we wouldn't have signed Bridcutt. A good manager makes the best of a bad situation.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Bridcutt played something like 83 out of 92 league games from the last 2 seasons.

Crofts barely featured last season, Andrews needs to settle in, and Ince + JFC are young lads still.

This alone tells you much of why we haven't started as well as we might have done.

Taking Bridcutt out of our team is like taking Scholes out of MU a few years ago or Gerrard out of Liverpool. The start of this season isn't highlighting we've had a change in manager, it's highlighting how crucial Bridcutt is to our team.

True. Take two thirds of Andrews (as Andrews is a better passer), plus two thirds of Ince (as Ince positioning is far from perfect) you get Bridcutt. He can partner either but he'll be first choice out of the three. A monster of a player.

Dec 29, 2011
Kuszczak
Bruno Greer Upson Ward
Andrews Bridcutt
Buckley Mackail-Smith Orlandi
Ulloa​

Subs
Ankergren, Calderon, El-Abd, Agustien, Dave, LuaLua, Barnes.

Top 6, on paper. With a splattering of good youngsters to come in as required.

Arguably our best player this year isn't in the squad. And yet Buckley is?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Arguably our best player this year isn't in the squad. And yet Buckley is?

Crofts or Ince? Both have need pretty good, and they'll make my 18. Buckley however is very good at this level, when he's fit and on form. I agree he's been off colour this season, but if we're picking teams based off potential he has to start.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Erm, at least 4 of our starting XI have hardly played a game this season

Who's that then? Bridcutt and Orlandi aside, you're injuries just happen to be in your striking options. Take a look at our injury list, it's worse than yours in fact.

Ulloa was in fine form prior to the Reading game and it's gone downhill since, partly due to his decision making. Apart from those 3, with The Argie playing the majority of your games, who is the 4th? If it's CMS, I think you're under the typical football fans minor delusion that because he's been injured for so long, you're really missing him as he cost so much so he must be good. The reality is if you played him and Ulloa in the same starting XI, you'd get murdered in midfield.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that plenty on here were saying you weren't even missing Bridcutt, now a few bad results later he's back to having his God status.

You'll be fine once you get your strikers back but I think the real challenge for BHAFC starts next season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who's that then? Bridcutt and Orlandi aside, you're injuries just happen to be in your striking options. Take a look at our injury list, it's worse than yours in fact.

Agustien – out with groin and hamstring injuries
Ankergren – out with elbow injury during middle of month
Bridcutt – still recuperating from hernia operation
Forster-Caskey – missed Bolton Wanderers with groin injury
Hoskins – still out long-term with damaged knee ligaments
LuaLua – playing but restricted by knee injury to less than 90 minutes
Mackail-Smith – expected back November. Ankle injury following Achilles’ tear.
Orlandi – now out until November following cartilage operation
Crofts - playing with a hip problem which is keeping him out of the Wales squad
Ulloa – out for 6-8 weeks with a broken foot

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Agustien – out with groin and hamstring injuries
Ankergren – out with elbow injury during middle of month
Bridcutt – still recuperating from hernia operation
Forster-Caskey – missed Bolton Wanderers with groin injury
Hoskins – still out long-term with damaged knee ligaments
LuaLua – playing but restricted by knee injury to less than 90 minutes
Mackail-Smith – expected back November. Ankle injury following Achilles’ tear.
Orlandi – now out until November following cartilage operation
Crofts - playing with a hip problem which is keeping him out of the Wales squad
Ulloa – out for 6-8 weeks with a broken foot

Ermmm, half of them have been playing regularly for you. Wasn't this thread related to your indifferent start? As I said, practically every team in the country can claim some of those niggly injuries. Also, you're not really missing Ankergren, are you? :eek:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ermmm, half of them have been playing regularly for you. Wasn't this thread related to your indifferent start? As I said, practically every team in the country can claim some of those niggly injuries. Also, you're not really missing Ankergren, are you? :eek:

It's hard to tell who does what in training. I wouldn't call any of those listed 'niggly injuries'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here